sponsors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2003, 20:41   #1 (permalink)
mustang7501

Question sponsors

does anybody know of any companies that are willing to sponsor a 1990 Mustang Hatch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2003, 22:17   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

sponsor for what?

Audio?
Drag?
AutoX?
Concourse?

Have you approached any companies? What sort of enhancements have been done? What awards have been won?

Do you have a portfolio of your car? If so it MUST include....

1: a good pictures of your car
2: a list of mod's you've done to it (including a list of what you plan to do)
3: all the shows you've competed in (and what you plan on competing in)
4: and a formal letter stating who you are, what you're about, and why you think a company should sponsor your car.

There is more to it than just asking a company will you sponsor me. You have to be able to provide a return on their investiment even if it is a full or partial. Good luck getting a full. Most companies now do partials and that means you will pay for parts at a discounted rate, but you have to attend x amount of shows and get coverage in mags as well.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:05   #3 (permalink)

People told me that sponsership was hard to find. They were wrong. All it take's is gall and confidence in your car. You have to sell yourself as well as the car. Let them know that the beauty of your car or the quickness of your car will help sell there product. Look in unusual place's. One of my best sponser's is the county police they paid for all the body work and paint on my car. My frame and interior was free because the frame fabrication shop wanted to expand into the drag racing market and I let him know that because my car was unique his business would get more exposer. Use your imagination and don't be shy. You never know who is willing to help. CHECK IT OUT BELOW

http//fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:04   #4 (permalink)

Have you had any luck getting a sponsor yet? You never said what kind of car the sponsorship was for. Show? Racing?
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 23:56   #5 (permalink)
mustang7501

I m sorry bout the wait but i would like sponsors for show and i have already started on interior customization with paint and it looks ok but i need sponsors for customizing my interior, hatch cargo area, and under the hood mabey .
Old 07-12-2003, 00:11   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: sponsors

what do you have to offer potential sponsors? can you guarantee magazine coverage? You planning on showing this at a minimum of 30 shows a year. And I am not talking local shows with 3 other entrants in your class. Do you have a plan set forth to offer any sponsor as to what you will do for this said sponsorship?

Helps to have something besides begging for someone to throw you money/parts so you can fix up your car.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum