Squealing noise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 22:50   #1 (permalink)

confused Squealing noise

I have a 2000 mustang it started making squealing noise about 1 week ago. Whenever I start my car it makes that noise. It stops and then starts up again as it runs. I tried starting it with the belt off and still makes that noise. i changed the supertine belt still the noise. I changed the powersteering pump and the alternator nothing changed. I tighten the tension and still no change. The noise is very annoying. Is there anyone out there that can give me some advice. My next step would be taking it to the shop and maybe spending unnessary money.(That is what I am trying to avoid)

Thank you
cfair15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 23:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Squealing noise

try unplugging your ac compressor and starting see if that stops it, could be a bad compressor
zader_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 20:28   #3 (permalink)

I tried that but still doing the same thing. It only squeals really really loud in the morning and once the car is warm the noise will not be as loud but you can still hear the squealing noise.
cfair15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27   #4 (permalink)

its probably the fan my moms jeep probably makes the same noise in the winter is it cold where you are?
waltergroverpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:20   #5 (permalink)
lone_wolf_901

I have a 2004 Mustang GT and I just got done putting an under drive pulley kit on. My car never squealled before the pulley change out and now my car is doing the samething. I sprayed white lithium grease into the tensioner pulley bearing and the noise stopped for about one day. If your car reacts the same as mine did when lubricated you proberly have a pulley bearing going bad. Replace the defected pulley before it locks up and causes more trouble for you.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum