to supercharge or not - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2006, 05:19   #1 (permalink)

to supercharge or not

hello. well after deciding that im going to reenlist in the army i have decided that im going to do 1 of 2 things. currently i have a 2001 mustang 3.8l auto. so far all i have done is jet chip,dual flowmaster exhaust, 65mm throttle body, throttle body spacer, and finderwell airintake. now that im gonna have cash to play with i can supercharge my stang or i can trade it in and get a wrx. trying to figure out what would be better. i got the car when it had 71000 miles on it now has 74000. dont know how the prev owner took care of it but as long as i have had it i have been up to date on maint. how fast would a supercharged stang like mine hold up against a wrx? also how safe would it be to run a supercharger on my car. so far the kit that i like is the ati stage 2 intercooled tuner kit with the p-1sc running 11psi. dose this kit come with everything i will need to install it? and dose anybody have a set up like my set up with a supercharger that has some times they are getting? i like my stang but want more power. if by supercharging it im going to have to worry about blowing something than i will prob be forced to trade it in for a wrx. i really dont want to trade it but before i got a procharger kit i started to read a lot of post of guys blowing there engines on there first drive with a system installed. while i can afford to get the kit with no problem i cant really afford to replace/rebuild a blown engine. thanks for your help
trooper1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2006, 22:30   #2 (permalink)
Grumpy old man

Re: to supercharge or not

Well, first off there no way that a blown V6 is going to come anywhere near even keeping up with, much less beating, a WRX if it's an STi. It might be close with a standard WRX, but you'll never even see the rear fender of an STi. The Stang is just too heavy to be really fast with a sixer, even with a blower.

What about the idea of getting a V8 Mustang or Cobra? If you're really looking for horsepower, an 03 or 04 Cobra would certainly fit the bill and can lay a serious hurtin' on a stock STi.

GT-40X303 heads, E-cam, 1.6 roller rockers,
Cobra intake, Edelbrock 65mm t/b, 73 mm C&L, CAI,
24 lb injectors, AFPR, 3.73's, March underdrives.

FRPP headers, Bassani catted X, SLP Loudmouth.
This thing is loud!!!

Pony R's with Eagle ZR's, stock AOD.

Cervini's Air Extractor hood
2003 GT seats
Springtime Edition mirrors & wing

ff member 157
wythors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24   #3 (permalink)
lone_wolf_901

biggrin Re: to supercharge or not

For the money you would dump into a complete SC kit would be a pretty hefty down payment on a WRX. Plus if you think you are going to run 11psi. on a stock 3.8 L. V-6 and not have internal problems. Pinch yourself and wake up. I would go with the WRX sti. Or one a more personnel note. Go with a nice 2000 or 2001 Cobra w/ low to med. miles.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum