Temp Sensor Replacement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 05:32   #1 (permalink)

Temp Sensor Replacement

A rodent ate the wires off my 2008 Mustang GT temp sensor under the intake manifold. Can the sensor be replaced without removal of the intake manifold?
The wires lead to a plastic cap that appears to fit over a metal sensor that actually goes into engine. If the cap is a snap on type, maybe it could be replaced without breaking into the engine.
thomasrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 05:58   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Re: Temp Sensor Replacement

It looks like it can be replaced without pulling the manifold based on the information in Alldata. Ford has three types of temperature sensors - screw in ones have a hex fitting on them, while the ones without a hex fitting either snap in place or come out with a half twist.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43   #3 (permalink)

Matt, any idea how I can tell which one I have. Are there pictures somewhere I can look at? You mention Alldata., but I have never heard of it. Is it public or private area.
thomasrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 14:20   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

It's a subscription service. ALLDATA - OEM Automotive Repair Information and Technical Service Bulletins
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum