Those stupid trunk carpets! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2002, 10:22   #1 (permalink)
kc21

Those stupid trunk carpets!

Every trunk carpet that I've looked at is some stupid plaid design! Don't they just make plain colors -- black/graphite, in particular, is what I'm looking for. For a long time I've been thinking that I'd have to cut my own carpet, until a got this idea:

Trunk bed liner! Does anyone see a problem with spraying that stuff all over the trunk? I think it'd be easier to do, and I don't care too much about looks :) I just want uniform color throughout my car.

I don't use my trunk much. I will just have my sub, amps, and wires back there for my sound system.

I also plan to use some sound damping material (like RAAMmat or Dynamat) on the doors, floor, and trunk to stop vibrations and road noise.

Whaddya think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2002, 20:28   #2 (permalink)
mfp4073

Only problem I can see is that you could never get rid of it down the road. How about you take one of those trunk mats and paint them with a granite spatter paint. It would not be perfect, but I cannot even imagine what it would take to get that trunk bed stuff out. I have for years wanted a trunk mat made out of the same loop style as the interiour carpet.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:49   #3 (permalink)
kc21

Okay, if I paint the carpet with that spatter paint, won't it get crusty and clumpy, or does it act more as a dye?
Old 04-24-2002, 09:43   #4 (permalink)
mfp4073

I was talking about painting the rubber plaid style ones. I don't know how well it will work though, it was just an idea.
Old 04-26-2002, 23:07   #5 (permalink)
F-150 Member

Don't think painting a trunk mat will work too well. They are too shiny and too flexible.

Would peel right off, if it stuck at all.

Why don't you have someone make you a carpeted trunk mat??
1997 Ranger
1986 LTD II
1968 Cougar
1964 Corvair Monza
Gearhead99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 17:27   #6 (permalink)
Vintage Mustang Member

Lightbulb

Why not just buy a rubber trunk mat in the splatter or plaid design, and then flip it over, the back of the rubber mat is black. Cut if you need to. Thats what I did, of course I did a lot of cutting since I have roll bars in my mustang.
1966 Thunderbird 390 FE HI PERF T-L (Red)
1966 Thunderbird 390 T-L (Black)
1950 Buick Special
1997 Subaru Impreza AWD
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum