Tired - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 15:06   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Tired

Am I the only one who is at the end of their rope waiting for the car that they ordered in Dec of LAST YEAR? Was it a dream? No, no. I did order an 05' Mustang GT. Yes, Yes, I definitely ordered it. It is funny cause there is no Mustang sitting in my driveway. Let me go check. (checking). NOPE, still not there.
I am sick of it. I was so happy to see an awesome commercial for the Ford Mustang GT during American Idol last night. Ford can make the advertising. Too bad they cannot build the car. I think all advertising should cease until they can actually start producing the cars. Ford has my vote for the worst conceived marketing in contrast with what to decide to build. Current Ford loyalists are going to walk away from this flaming pile and future owners will look to GM or Chrysler. You know......that Cross-fire is pretty sweet. I wonder.........
67-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2005, 06:55   #2 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: (Sick and) Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-ish
Am I the only one who is at the end of their rope waiting for the car that they ordered in Dec of LAST YEAR? Was it a dream? No, no. I did order an 05' Mustang GT. Yes, Yes, I definitely ordered it. It is funny cause there is no Mustang sitting in my driveway. Let me go check. (checking). NOPE, still not there.
I am sick of it. I was so happy to see an awesome commercial for the Ford Mustang GT during American Idol last night. Ford can make the advertising. Too bad they cannot build the car. I think all advertising should cease until they can actually start producing the cars. Ford has my vote for the worst conceived marketing in contrast with what to decide to build. Current Ford loyalists are going to walk away from this flaming pile and future owners will look to GM or Chrysler. You know......that Cross-fire is pretty sweet. I wonder.........
I could have the one I want in three weeks- at 5 over sticker...drove a demo home a couple nights ago, wife wasnt too pissed, seriously considered buying the GT...the more I tyhought about it though, and the things I'd heard from the salesman and the GM, I would have been buying someone elses car- in my opinion, any dealer thats selling at over sticker is just selling cars that were ordered by someone in good faith, to grap some more cash from someone else. The GM said something to the effect of "you know a lot of people ordered cars at sticker, but the dealers just sell them to other dealers offering more for the same car...". after thinking about it, I wrote the salesman a email explaining that while he was very helpful, that because of the dealerships practices, I would just have to wait and order from a DIFFERENT dealer...Montrose ford told me "no" they couldnt get me one and that they wouldnt gouge for over sticker- this tells me the lucky few that ordered there probably actually had a chance to get their car. While I didnt like hearing no, at least it was on the level. I wrote ford a longwinded complaint letter a mointh ago and havent gotten a response yet- I still cant believe they are not working OT at the engine plant to help meet demand- I really think they should penalize delers caught gouging for over sticker- it hurst the consumer, the dealer(long term), and in the end pisses off a lot of perspective ford customers(like you mentioned the crossfire...Ive been halfhearted thinking dodge magnum...) the factory needs to get off their a$$ and build all they can sell. heck if alan greenspan sneezes or somebody farts in Iraq, gas may immediately shoot to 3 bucks a gallon in responce to the 'catastrophe'- at which point v8's might not sell so well...they need to strike while the iron is hot, get busy and "try their best" to meet demand. I really wish Ford would smack most of their dealers though- gouging is gouging...I went to columbus yesterday hoping Ricart ford would have some(BIG dealer), theyre gouging for 6k over sticker...you would think dealers would be happy as hell to sell cars at sticker to customers that were still smiling, but I guess they just gotta add some pain to that purchase...Ganley ford had told me they had a few coming, that could be reconfigured to order at 5 over, but like I said, I wouldnt feel right about it....I wrote the salesman that if i took the deal, I'd have felt like I paid to cut in line, and if they could reconfigure, by rights they should do so to meet good faith orders placed months ago and honor agreed prices to those that ordered the cars. I'm kinda depressed by all the bs- ford designed a darn nice car finally then screwed up the whole experience for everybody involved...greed has taken over from there...lots of guys wouldnt feel bad at all buying someone elses order, even more dealers wouldnt mind helping them do so. You can call just about any dealer, and they will tell you they have people waiting for orders months on end, yet they also expect to get a few more in 'in a couple weeks' at over sticker. hmm...just how the hell does that work...disgusting, yet FoMoCo aint lifting a finger to fix the problem
Old 05-31-2005, 07:43   #3 (permalink)

mad Re: Tired

The only good thing about my order is that I am involved with the "Friends of Ford" plan. The dealership, where I ordered my car is in no hurry to help me in anyway. They are not getting much over sticker. The will not lift a finger to help a customer when there are just a few hundred as a profit, regardless.
I am lucky in the fact that I cannot get "gouged". My price is locked in. I think each side is equally screwing the other. Dealer Satisfaction is at an all-time low over this "steaming pile". FoMoCo refuses to build the car. And when the dealer does get a GT, the gouging begins. There was a White Mustanf GT demo @ Montgomery Ford in Cincinnati. With 10,000 miles on it, it went to some clown in Penn. The dealer sold it @ 10,000 grand OVER sticker. Talk about a gouge!!!! 67-ish
Old 05-31-2005, 22:23   #4 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: Tired

after talking to some dealers and kinda putting 2 and 2 together, I think the ordered cars have been built, but dealers are doing 'dealer trades' with them, selling them to anyone with a lot of cash to blow...if they can 'reconfigure' a 'stock order' I'd like to know what the difference is from ordering a car- to me if the last place I talked to could reconfigure a stock order to my specs in 2-3 wks, then any order should run about same amount of time. I think an order is an order as far as building goes...sadly if you order a car, by rights the dealer should be able to tell you scheduled production date and/or vin number...problem likely lies with fords computer system- build date/vin should automatically be generated upon entering the order...I'm fallin asleep at the keyboard...time to go dream of that mustang :)
Old 06-01-2005, 05:09   #5 (permalink)

mad Re: Tired

If that is happening to my particular order, (Dealer Swapping), there is going to be a meltdown. I am calling my dealer today and asking what all they are up to.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:31   #6 (permalink)

Re: Tired

I just find it odd that no one else out there is having the same problem. I have had only one other response to the original posting. I guess I am the only one with this problem. I find the situation very queer.
Old 03-19-2006, 16:50   #7 (permalink)
Unregistered

cool Re: Tired

Sorry, I haven't registered yet...

Any idea what they're asking for that Crossfire? I saw it last night on the way home from Krogers... sweet.

I'm still driving the Taurus MT-5 I bought new in 1986 from Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, where I was completing my doctorate in medicinal chemistry at UT Austin (Go Horns!). Was driving my old Toy Corolla at the time and sick of getting nickel and dimed keeping it running... when they wanted $400 to replace the clutch, I traded it in (now THAT is where you take a beating... $300?!?) and I could not resist the bright red 4-door sedan with a 5-speed manual tranny... nobody was buying them yet, as it was a new model year, and they had dropped the sticker price to $9,995 across the board. Mine came to just under $12k after thermoguard and rustproofing, title, tax, transfer, etc. Trying to keep it 24 years even to put my per year amortization at $500, heheheheh.

I think you all are correct about suspicions re dealers selling your orders to the highest bidders. This is America, afterall... land of uber-capitalism, where the dollar is king and greed rules. You could sue them for breach of contract, but I doubt it's worth the trouble or costs.

Here's my thought: do yourself a favor and CANCEL the order, then buy a USED car sans the depreciation, from an owner who has already taken care of the NUMEROUS warranty repairs... both niggling and major (and recalls). If they get rough, tell them you have a lawsuit of your own ready to roll should they try to enforce your own "performance" on the contract. Keep it calm...

My Taurus was in and out of the dealer's garage repeatedly throughout the warranty period (3 years). Each time I took it in, they looked at me like "What do *you* want again?" Even asked me what I did for a living to be able to spend so much time bringing it in for repairs... assholes. I was lucky; my buddy had also just bought a new F-150 and Subaru Slow-poke, so we took turns taking each other in to get our vehicles back. ;-) Thank God for those low-interest student loans...

And most times I'd go to pick it up, the mechanic would be driving it around the lot, having fun with the manual tranny. And the repairs were rarely done, and something else was almost always wrong compared to before they took it from me. I was rotating it between three Austin dealerships so that each one in sequence repaired the screw-ups of the previous one. It's all well-documented.

This is how Ford dealers have been TOLD to make their money (besides gouging folks on new models). Do *whatever* you can to avoid their garages... including for body work and paint (my baby got hit while parked on a public street 6 months after I bought it). Mine came back with orange peel paint and a big ding to the driver door, and that was after they'd refused working on it while I flew back to Cincy for a vacation while they repaired it; they said my insurance had cancelled the check so they let it sit, and I had to go without it another two weeks once I returned. grrrr... It was covered in dirt.

Back here in Cincy, after hitting a deer (& pole!) on Colerain, I had it repainted again, from Woody Sander since I was living in Mt. Auburn. Came back with serious swirls over the entire car from the morons washing it too soon after painting it without proper curing. I just kept it, as I was teaching at U.C. and didn't want to be bothered with their incompetance any further.

Their paint is notorious for flaws; mine was scratchable at the slightest touch (filed several reports to Geico, who paid out, then refused to renew me). My GF's Explorer had the entire roof's paint peel off. Ford KNEW about both, yet issued only silent recalls (dealers only pay if customer complains enough)! They dropped the fire red paint used on my baby two years after my car got it, because there were so many troubles with it (they claimed it was from problems matching it in repairs).

Another time in Cincy, I had to have my baby flat-bed towed to Mont. Ford after dropping a socket wrench into the timing hole in the trans-axel housing while trying to change the thermostat right above that hole (design flaw?). My service rep hadn't yet placed the "Do Not Start" card in my windshield when the mechanic tried moving it... they GAVE me a re-man tranny and clutch for that. Service rep was working at Pep Boys the next week.

Here's the scoop: the longer you make repairs yourself (or use independent garages), the better it will run and the longer you'll hold onto your $ (and car).

So do what I did... Call Ford's Detroit or even the regional customer service office and COMPLAIN. I got a mechanic, service rep, and the body shop manager all fired for incompetance... and finally got enough things repaired, I could maintain it myself once the warranty expired (for the most part). Then find a good, reliable mechanic to fix things you can't, and pray they are reasonable.

And buy used from a consciencious owner; you by-pass all that stressful BS *AND* save yourself both the gouging and the depreciation of a new car.

And your insurance should be lower to boot, although at 43 and having been married and having a spotless driving record, I have yet to see mine drop. At least it's fairly low to start from driving a family sedan, heheh. I switched to Amica when I moved back to Cincy and Geico refused me...

Have fun. Take control and save yourself both the money and hassles of buying new... if it's possible. But I'd say be wary of buying used late model from the dealer, because it was likely a lemon (most dealers refused to take my Taurus in trade the first 3 years for that reason). If you look hard, you'll find the creampuff some coed had given her by daddy, then had to return when she flunked out of college the second year, hehehe. Lots of those in Austin... Porsche, Audi, BMW, Merc. And ALL being sold at rock-bottom prices.

Good luck,
DrRandyBoy in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-ish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum