Tired of riced up imports - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2001, 20:42   #1 (permalink)
Mustang GT Member

Tired of riced up imports

Does anyone else here feel the same way or am I the only person here who is tired of trash talking imports (Hondas in particular). I mean I am sick and tired of these fools with Hondas always trying to race me in my 00 GT stick. What everytime they do something to their car spending thousands of dollars on mods why do they always want to try to see the improvements on their cars by trying to race V8 mustangs. Do they forget that the same way they fix up their hondas we can do it to our mustangs. By the way whats the quickest import doing 10's what a joke.
mvlbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2001, 06:08   #2 (permalink)
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member

Question Why get so upset?

While I understand and appreciate your point of view. Why do you get your panties all in a bundle over it? Let them try to race you. I mean, it's not like you have to race them. If they want to rev their engine at you, let them. Unless you feel like you have something to prove to them, just ignore them.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:25   #3 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

i'm with s-code on this one.

why worry about it? it really isn't worth the trouble getting upset at them for their efforts. i look at it like this: if they feel the need to use my car as a barometer to measure their econobox's performance, then that tells me they look up to my car and want to beat it.

whenever i drive my '66, i usually don't get too many ricers wanting to race. my exhaust usually scares 'em off (re: LOUD). last time i raced her, some clown in an accord wanted some. guess he didn't think i'd race my baby with my mom in the car did he? that race was over before i got into 2nd (stock 3-spd). :D

anyhow, don't sweat it.
Old 07-09-2001, 13:24   #4 (permalink)
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dmark101
i'm with s-code on this one.

why worry about it? it really isn't worth the trouble getting upset at them for their efforts. i look at it like this: if they feel the need to use my car as a barometer to measure their econobox's performance, then that tells me they look up to my car and want to beat it.

whenever i drive my '66, i usually don't get too many ricers wanting to race. my exhaust usually scares 'em off (re: LOUD). last time i raced her, some clown in an accord wanted some. guess he didn't think i'd race my baby with my mom in the car did he? that race was over before i got into 2nd (stock 3-spd). :D

anyhow, don't sweat it.
Don't you just love to drown out their little Fart pipe mufflers with your real duals?
Old 07-09-2001, 15:42   #5 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Re: Tired of riced up imports

Quote:
Originally posted by mvlbr
By the way whats the quickest import doing 10's what a joke.
Um, it's actually low 8s...additionally, squeezing that much power out of a sub 2.0L motor is pretty damned impressive. I don't think you ought to worry about them - it's the wannabes that irritate you, so it'd be nice if you wouldn't all lump them all in the same group.

The serious import racers keep a low profile, are just as enthusiastic as you about their cars, and are just people.

You're faster than most ricers, and you know it - you need to prove nothing to no one unless you're at the track...

safe modding :)

95 Probe GT - the 007 version - smooth and refined.
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 01:50   #6 (permalink)
Mustang GT Member

I guess you guys are right after all our real competition are V8 chevy's and not econoboxes. I'll try to remember you guys next time one of them pulls up again because I've got better things to do then waste my precious time and gas running up against an econobox that i know that the only way I'll lose to him is if he's using laughing gas(but then again he can only squeeze for so long and when his engine blows I'll be sure to drive by slowly and laugh).
mvlbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 23:57   #7 (permalink)

well, if ur gonna race em, take theyre money, offer up a 100 bet i dont like ricers, they have their elephant fart exhausts, and all the neon accent crap, and way too many stickers
2001SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 15:07   #8 (permalink)
Chix 2 Envy

roll Why drag them down?

I don't like ricers either, and i myself have raced them and beat them several times, and my stang is only a v-6. But there is no need in trash talking about them unless they are trashing you. I mean it's not just ricers that have stickers and other mods. My stang has stickers because i am sponsored by compainies that i advertise for in turn for a sponsorship. Why worry about them. If your gonna race, race for money or wait for the track! i wouldn't waste my time on them. If i can beat them with a v-6, (and this is Girlie Girl Racing) then u know they can't touch you! :bs1:

LATER!
:td:
Gurls go Faster!!(.com)
Cumberland Imports Performance
Plans for the future:
Shave antenna, emblems, & door handles, custom paint , vynil seats, and tweed & vynil interior, paint dash, Ground effects(ON!), Rims, low profile or racing tires, loweing kit, Air Cylinders!!!New paint job...zebra scheme. :bs3:
UNDER MY HOOD MODS.... Cool air intake, Vortech Supercharger

I WANT THIS BIKE!!!

Check out my Red Stang here!
stanggurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
TurboDemon2002

Guys I would just say that Domestic cars Are fast but then again you can make anything fast. You should be amazed of what a 4cyl car can do if they run 10's. Now here in FL there's alot of races everywhere and usually i see the Imports winning. Theres only a few stangs and camaros that do good. The rest get owned. Now cars they race vs are : Supras,rx-7's,Imprezas,Bmw,Audi, i mean good brands just like ford and chevy =) So dont keeptrying to say that u smoked a v4 cuz someday some1's gona hand your ass to you! im one of those people who keeps low profile on what i drive and how fast i can go. Ive showed a few people in mustangs and domestics on what a import with engine swap and a t-78 and long list of mods can do. =)
Old 07-25-2002, 12:04   #10 (permalink)
Chix 2 Envy

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboDemon2002
Guys I would just say that Domestic cars Are fast but then again you can make anything fast. You should be amazed of what a 4cyl car can do if they run 10's. Now here in FL there's alot of races everywhere and usually i see the Imports winning. Theres only a few stangs and camaros that do good. The rest get owned. Now cars they race vs are : Supras,rx-7's,Imprezas,Bmw,Audi, i mean good brands just like ford and chevy =) So dont keeptrying to say that u smoked a v4 cuz someday some1's gona hand your ass to you! im one of those people who keeps low profile on what i drive and how fast i can go. Ive showed a few people in mustangs and domestics on what a import with engine swap and a t-78 and long list of mods can do. =)

i know what an Import with a few mods can do...i've driven one, have friends that drive them....All i'm saying is, i don't trash talk them, and i race under a sponsor, so when i race it's legal, and it's not just to show people i can smoke them. So don't go jumping to conclusions about what i've got on my car, and what i've raced are only 4 cylinders, cause they aren't, and i also keep a low profile on what's UNDER my hood, most ppl think it's a v-6, but it's got some mods to it.:s3
stanggurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum