Unhappy 2006 Ford Mustang Owner!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 10:13   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Unhappy 2006 Ford Mustang Owner!!!!

Ever had a Mustang that warranty was going out and Ford Motor Company would not help you out on a previous issue? I do my Mustang has been in shop 3 to 4 times for leaking and now can't find where leak is coming from and Ford want help me by fixing my car. Never thought Ford was a company that did not care about their customers, but now I know how they are and I will never own another Ford in my life. Ford is suppose to be built Ford tough but my Mustang was built on a Friday or a Monday, because it was not sealed. So now I am paying for a car that leaks and I only have 23,500 miles on this car, but I owe 3 more years. If any-one has ever had Ford to help them on issues like this let me know what you did. Because I can't get them to do anything for me. But if my car leaks again, I bet my lawyer can get their attention!!!!!!!!!!
RickyTreadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 10:48   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Unhappy 2006 Ford Mustang Owner!!!!

What's leaking exactly?
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 13:32   #3 (permalink)

Was leaking on passenger side up to 2 inches of water at one time. Hopefully that's fixed don't know yet has not rained hard enough since it was fixed. But now water leaking in trunk and under back seat. Bad thing is that Ford place seen water and could not find leak, but Ford Motor Company want let them replace things without knowing where leak is coming from.
RickyTreadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 15:32   #4 (permalink)

WOW..... so far fingers crossed with mine. first Stang but i'm lovin' it. good luck man hope everything works out for ya

mybrosride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:58   #5 (permalink)

Unfortunately, this issue seems to be a common occurence for the '05 and up Mustangs. My 2006 GT suddenly had a passenger side leak ( no floods, just wet carpet) at 17,000 miles. I took it into the dealer, and they fixed it, it never leaked again. See Ford Service Bulletin TSB 07-14-6 Hpefully yours is fixed, too!
jamesjdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:00   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjdug View Post
Unfortunately, this issue seems to be a common occurence for the '05 and up Mustangs. My 2006 GT suddenly had a passenger side leak ( no floods, just wet carpet) at 17,000 miles. I took it into the dealer, and they fixed it, it never leaked again. See Ford Service Bulletin TSB 07-14-6 Hpefully yours is fixed, too!
mine has almost 50k on it when i bought it so perhaps if mine had a leak it was already repaired. we're expecting like heavy rains the next few days here so i'll check mine out too just in case.

mybrosride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 00:30   #7 (permalink)

if you live in an area with leaves falling on your car, pop the hood and look on the firewall, there will be a black rubber thing about midway down the firewall that vaguely resembles a funnel. that is your cowl drain, it commonly gets clogged and the cowl fills up with water, thus flooding the passenger side floorboard. you can either pull it off and clean it out or pull the crap out of the bottom of the drain. personally i would suggest pulling it out and enlarging the hole so debris will flow out easier..
rdass623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:06   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTreadway View Post
Ever had a Mustang that warranty was going out and Ford Motor Company would not help you out on a previous issue? I do my Mustang has been in shop 3 to 4 times for leaking and now can't find where leak is coming from and Ford want help me by fixing my car. Never thought Ford was a company that did not care about their customers, but now I know how they are and I will never own another Ford in my life. Ford is suppose to be built Ford tough but my Mustang was built on a Friday or a Monday, because it was not sealed. So now I am paying for a car that leaks and I only have 23,500 miles on this car, but I owe 3 more years. If any-one has ever had Ford to help them on issues like this let me know what you did. Because I can't get them to do anything for me. But if my car leaks again, I bet my lawyer can get their attention!!!!!!!!!!
So I am not sure how long this has been going on for and all that but have you called Ford consumer affairs? Also a couple questions. #1 Have you been dealing with just one dealership?? #2 If so do you do your maintenance with this dealer?? (trying to figure out if "your" loyalty to the dealership) #3 This sounds like a ongoing issue so when was the first time you brought it in for repairs and then the 2nd 3rd and 4th times?? What did they do on those paticular visits as far as repairs? And finaly when did your warranty expire??
I know it's a lot of questions but trying to figure out all the facts and maybe I can help you with a possible solution.
Old 09-18-2010, 13:41   #9 (permalink)
*****istrator

Something similar happend to my moms Lincoln (branch of ford) where it was leaking out of the sunglass holder and filled up the cup holder with water. Dealership kept blaming it on small crack in windshield but crack doesnt go all the way through. After they finaly replaced the windshield (the one that was in there was some aftermarket windshield we didnt order so then they replaced with a FoMoCo windshield) it stopped leaking and the gap at top of windshield was significantly smaller. Take a look at that and see if thats the problem.
1stcar04Mustng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 20:24   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: Unhappy 2006 Ford Mustang Owner!!!!

I have a 2005 GT which had similar problems here was the fix for the leaking, also had electrical problems which followed, i hope this may help.

perhaps this will help out others who may encounter similar problems. My Mustang is not my primary transportation, so at times it may sit up for six months at a time. Here in New Orleans, there are many trees and leaves fall year round. The Falling leaves had gotten into my cowl drain and plugged it up as they began to decompose. when the cowl drain filled in water, water began to flow into the passenger side of the car from the area of the glove box. Eventually the floor pan filled up with water enough it came into contact with the electrical system (fuse block - generic electronic module). The fun begins... Just about anything and everything began to go haywire. From the Airconditioner to the windows there was some kind of malfunction, which just did not make any sense.

To get the cowl drain working properly, you look abuot halfway down the firewall on the passenger side, there will be what appears to be a triangular (funnel shaped) rubber boot. you may clean the debris form the bottom, reaming it out with your finger or pull the whole boot off and clean it then. If you choose to remove the boot, i would recomment enlarging the drain hole to facilitate quicker draining and less of a chance for debris to get stuck.

I began with removing the kick panel and cleaning the terminals which were exposed and the individual fuses, a glimmer of hope began but was soom quashed, when the problems started up 15 minutes later..... Did it again, same results, ouch.

Time to get nasty, unbolted the fuse block panel (GEM module), and to my dismay, there were six more plugs on the unexposed side. I tried spraying them with contact cleaner and reassembling everything. That fix lasted about 10 hours before everything went nuts again..... Getting Frustrated.

Now, it's time to get really nasty, hey what did I have to loose living in the city, i cannot drive around a car with intermittant headlights, with windows which won't go up when i park it. I pulled the GEM module again this time i pulled off the covers, broke out my trusty Dremel tool with a stainless steel wire wheel and went to town. Carefully, i polished every terminal connection (to ensure they did not bend and get misaligned), pulled each fuse (in order to access the opposite side of the circuit board) and polished all those terminals including the fuse block terminals. while disassembled, a close examination of the printed circuit board was conducted. some of the soldered connections had begun to corrode. Some of the corrosion had bridged the "channels" of the circuit board. I CAREFULLY cleaned the corrosion using a small dental type pick and a pencil eraser to remove the corosion. CAREFULLY I reassembled the covers (to avoid bending the terminal pins) and reinstalled it into my car.

Three days and counting, I have not reinstalled the kick panel (give it a week) but all seems to be going well..
rdass623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum