Ford Forums banner

Unichip on a worked na 6

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mspw 
#1 ·
hello everyone i had just put a jmm street fighter kit and el manifold on my car and ran into a bit of computer problems, it leans out!. It is running an EA computer (multi) with an rpm switch to cwitch the el runners. I have been lead to believe that a unichip will fix my woes.
also i had a adj fuel reg, reco injectors, new fuel filter, plugs leads, dizzy, no vac leaks, new air filter.
I have also been told an EL oxy sensor will fix my problems. but i am not sure at that, i dont want to really spend $100 dollars if i dont have to seeming the one i got in it is only 3 months old

Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
An EL oxy sensor will do nothing at all, its the same unit as the EA so I don't know why htye would suggest that. Have you tried upping the fuel pressure with your adjustable reg, that normally solves the majority of problems. A unichip will also fix the problem and should give you gains throughout the rev range as you will have a better, more optimised tune for your engine.

#3 ·
If its truly too lean and I mean run on a dyno with a proper wide band A/F ratio sensor then upping the fuel pressure is going to be the easiset fix. XR6 fuel pressure regulator would do it.

#4 ·
yeah i was pumping about 320kpa in the reg and it was still leaning out on the short runners, i tried just about everything. i was taking to brenan mock and he seemed to think that the ea computer was leaner than all the other falcon computers, and something with the air getting there quicker and injector pulses are out. i am not really sure. i have booked it in a the throttle shop at gosford for $1050 fitted and tuned on special usually $1200. so i will let you guys know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.