Vibration - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 15:54   #1 (permalink)

Vibration

Hi there, I have a 1992 Mustang GT V-8. When driving at 100Km and above I geet a bad shake in the back end. It was worse but I had a front U-joint replaced since and now it's 80% better, but not gone completly. I just replaced the rear joint today and not any better.. Can someone help me solve this long time prob?? Thanks..
smoke50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 15:58   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Vibration

Does it feel like the same type. vibration that you had with the u-joit? If it's a fast vibration, the driveshaft might need to be balanced. If it's a little slower maybe you also had a tire out of balance. Try switching the tires front to back and see if the vibration moves to the front.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:16   #3 (permalink)

I have tried differant tires and balanced them several times at differant shops.
I was told that it might be the pinion bearing or the gears? I have a set of 3:73 gears to be put in , but need money to do that. Do you think it could be the rear-end? The vibration came on all of a sudden over time. It wasn't just there one day. Hope you can help.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

How about jacking the rear up and putting it on stands. run the car in gear at the same speed as the viration on the road. Get a hoseclamp an put on the front of the driveshaft and run it again. See if it changes. Then move it 180º and run it again. See if it changes. Then move it 90º and se the diference. Then 180º again. If ti's better in one of those placec, the driveshaft should be taken to a driveline shop for balancing. I've had some cars that lose the balance weight off the driveline. Withwhat you're explaining, I doubt if it's the diff.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:36   #5 (permalink)

Tks I'll try it . thanks again.. I hope it works..LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23   #6 (permalink)

Hi , I tried moving the RR tire up to RF and drove it. The vibration seem to get worse @ 110-125km. I'm gonna move the LR up to the LF and run it again. I could have a belt broke or I was thinking that maybe my drums have a rust build up and causing the vibration ? I'm at a lost . Any more help from anyone would be great.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If you live in the rustbelt, you might have a problem with the park brake hanging up. I went home to Michigan, being away for so long, didn't remember the rust. I drove my Dad's car and put the park brake on on a grade. When I left, it had a terrible vibration which felt like a u-joint ready to fall out. I took it to a shop close by and they put it up in the air. The park brake cable was rusty and left the shoes against the drum. They used a vise grip and pushed the cable back and the vibration was gone. The guy said he could tell I wasn't from around there because they don't put the brake on with older cars
Old 09-29-2009, 13:17   #8 (permalink)

Tks, I'll try that..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum