Watch out for this ebay seller - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2001, 12:04   #1 (permalink)
mfp4073

Thumbs down Watch out for this ebay seller

Check the thread out on vintage mustangs:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/fo...0&fpart=1&vc=1

cut from that posting:

There is a guy on ebay who is ripping off stangers. His email is mustang86@hotmail.com. Do not buy anything from this guy. He posts mustang parts on there and they are plastic parts from model cars. I have read posts on corral.net and stangnet about people who have been ripped off. One guy bought a 98 Cobra bumper for $300 and when he got it in the mail, it was a bumper for a 1/64 model. No kidding. Other people have bought wheels from him too. He just ripped off another person for a set of 98 Saleen wheels for $850!! Here's one of the items he is selling now. Note the way he keeps using the word "model". Notice how his feedback says "(private)". DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...296540&r=0&t=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2001, 12:05   #2 (permalink)
mfp4073

here is his email/username:

mustang86gt@hotmail.com
Old 11-25-2001, 09:19   #3 (permalink)
cougar/bulletbird member

cool e-bay

here is my post from the other forum;

i am not going to get involved with this specific buyer (it is a violation of e-bays rules to discuss an auction or vendor) but i want to respond to several comments made here. thieves are common. things to look for; high dollar items with no pictures, especially multiple lisings of said high dollar items. feedback, feedback is a measureing tool and anyone who has something to hide will make it private (that isn't in reference to this seller, just in general). if you e-mail the seller a question and they don't respond it may be reason for concern. if in doubt maybe you should look at the sellers closed auctions and e-mail the buyers of other items to see how smoothly the transaction went. and finally if the seller has a payment method such as paypal, check to see that they are a verified member as an unverified member can take your money and you can not dispute the charge. if the seller requires western union run for the hills. hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
86 SVO mustang

<font size=4><a href="http://www.superford.org/registry/profile.php?user=2829"> look at my cars past and present at superford! </A></Font>
hawkrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:24   #4 (permalink)
Vintage Mustang GT Member

Question Unscrupulous E-bay Seller?

Does anyone know whether E-bay has been notified/informed of these alleged wrongdoings? If not, it seems to me that informing E-bay would be the best thing to do to stop these alleged frauds from being committed any further. If you are a buyer who has been defrauded you should report this to E-bayand state/federal authorities.
djporters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
cougar/bulletbird member

ebay has at least 50 complaints. they do not take action until the police are involved. i have a friend who deals with this stuff and even he is amazed. hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
86 SVO mustang

<font size=4><a href="http://www.superford.org/registry/profile.php?user=2829"> look at my cars past and present at superford! </A></Font>
hawkrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 20:00   #6 (permalink)
Vintage Capri Member

Ebay ripoff!

Something can be said about the old quote: There's a fool born every minute--and a thief born to rip him off!
The seller clearly stated what he was selling but as Hawkrod says: you need to carefully get the seller to clearly state what he is selling and check his feedback also!! From both the sellers AND the buyers feedback, it looks like they were coming from the same place. The seller at least seems to have a bunch of positives.
I've been dealing over Ebay for years and have yet to be ripped off but for Paypal (once)

BTW: TRY AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!! Michael-keeper of many Fords
Old 12-14-2001, 03:59   #7 (permalink)
Mod/Multicar Member

the seller is listed as a non registered user. theres no link to view any of his other auctions. it looks like ebay caught up to him.
82f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:45   #8 (permalink)
mfp4073

Thats cool! now we just need to keep an eye on ebay for him to reregister and pull the same crap. Once he has been kicked off it is really easy to get him kicked off for reregistering.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:03   #9 (permalink)
Vintage Capri Member

EBay Ripoff

Seems to me that EBay has some kind of insurance that things are as billed or such-- anyone have any experience with it?
Old 12-16-2001, 18:32   #10 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

What a sneaky bastard!!! He'll get his own back, don't worry.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum