Winter driving the stang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 13:27   #1 (permalink)

Winter driving the stang

Whats up everybody! Hello from Winnipeg, Canada.

i'm gonna begin with a story. So since i was a kid ive always loved mustangs. My dads always been a chevy guy, he has a 70 vette and restored a 64 chevelle. You would think that would make me a chevylover too but i still love the stangs man! Anyway, about 2 years ago when i was 17 i was driving our families ol' crown vic home and hit some black ice and slid into a pole. I hit it hard enuf to write it off My dad was looking at cars to replace the old one. He knew I loved stangs so he told me an idea about buying a mustang to replace the vic, it would be the families 2nd car (we have an f150) and few years when I get outta college he'd let me have it. i was so pumped when he told me! So we went to check out this 03 stang. Me and my dad both liked it alot we checked out some others but he decided thats the one he wanted. I came home from school the day he was supposed to get it and it wasnt in the yard. I came inside and asked him where is it? he said the guy who was selling it told him not to buy it cuz he said that id kill myself within 2 weeks of driving it in the winter. My dad told me he looked into it and decided he wasnt gonna buy it anymore. I bitched and moaned for a few days and all he said was 'if you want one, save your money and buy one yourself' Now to the point. Its been a couple years later, i've been saving my cash up and I want a mustang! Now of course if I do get one it'll have to be driven in the winter, at least for a couple winters anyway. My question is for those stangers who drive in the winter..whats it like? Please give your honest opinions. Id love to get a stang now but if it means ill be in the ditch or sliding into other cars maybe its not a good idea. Thanks everyone!
sdash68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 11:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: Winter driving the stang

I have been driving my Mustang for 7 years now and I haven't had too much trouble with it. There are times where I slide around, but most of the time, the car handles fine. I've only had one incident where I thought I was going to hit a mailbox or end up in a ditch and that was because I was trying to go up a hill that was nothing but a sheet of ice. This was due to the fact that Oklahomans are idiots and they don't understand the concept of putting salt on the streets to melt the ice (and also, my parents thought my inexperience didn't help since I was 21 at the time). Since you probably see snow and ice a lot more than we do, I'm guessing road crews do a much better job of clearing the roads. I know when I lived in Illinois (where they see a lot more snow and ice than in Oklahoma), I never had trouble because they cleared the roads well. You just have to drive slowly and don't take the car through deep snow or else you will get stuck. I am actually about to say goodbye to my Mustang to get a FWD car because I don't want to drive it in bad weather. It can be done though, especially if you have workers that provide good maintenance to the roads in slick conditions.
Jamie4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 23:48   #3 (permalink)

Re: Winter driving the stang

I got an Explorer and its a bitch to drive in the winter without the 4wd lol rear wheel drive blows for winter :(
Toratwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum