Ford Forums banner

05 Focus ST Oil Usage

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  05ST4DR 
#1 ·
Hey all,I have a problem and a question.

I bought a ST focus in july of 05' and 4500 miles later the engine threw a rod.
for warrantied the car and fixed it,taking 3 weeks to do so.then i get the car back and 3000 miles later i have the oil changed at ford.i get the car back and drive it 3000 miles more and it started making engine noise,I have it towed to ford then they come back to me say they wont warranty it saying it was 3 quarts low on oil.and because the rev limiter had been hit they say that is the cause of it using all of that oil.

A.the rev limiter is there so you dont hurt the engine if by hiting it cause it to use oil or damage the engine then they need to set it lower.

B.no engine with 3000 miles on it should ever use a quart of oil ever 1000 miles,that is way beyond the norm.

C.The oil pressuse light never came on though all of this and my car hold 4.5 quarts of oil that would leave 1.5 quarts,most likley 1 of those quarts would be in the filter that would leave .5 quarts in the pan.me going around a corner would cause it to starve even for a bit,you would think the light would come on..but no it didnt.

D.They are claiming that if it is driven at high rpm's it will burn a quart ever 900 miles.well a i have a 94 ranger with 170,000 miles on i drive the piss out of and it doesnt use a drop.and of all my brothers, friends and dad's cars they have ran the piss out of they didnt use oil the higher the RPM.nascar 800HP engines raped 9000RPM's for 3 hours 500 miles in the heat around a track and they dont use oil explain that..

PlZ give all the feeback possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
05ST4DR said:
Hey all,I have a problem and a question.

I bought a ST focus in july of 05' and 4500 miles later the engine threw a rod.
for warrantied the car and fixed it,taking 3 weeks to do so.then i get the car back and 3000 miles later i have the oil changed at ford.i get the car back and drive it 3000 miles more and it started making engine noise,I have it towed to ford then they come back to me say they wont warranty it saying it was 3 quarts low on oil.and because the rev limiter had been hit they say that is the cause of it using all of that oil.

A.the rev limiter is there so you dont hurt the engine if by hiting it cause it to use oil or damage the engine then they need to set it lower.

B.no engine with 3000 miles on it should ever use a quart of oil ever 1000 miles,that is way beyond the norm.

C.The oil pressuse light never came on though all of this and my car hold 4.5 quarts of oil that would leave 1.5 quarts,most likley 1 of those quarts would be in the filter that would leave .5 quarts in the pan.me going around a corner would cause it to starve even for a bit,you would think the light would come on..but no it didnt.

D.They are claiming that if it is driven at high rpm's it will burn a quart ever 900 miles.well a i have a 94 ranger with 170,000 miles on i drive the piss out of and it doesnt use a drop.and of all my brothers, friends and dad's cars they have ran the piss out of they didnt use oil the higher the RPM.nascar 800HP engines raped 9000RPM's for 3 hours 500 miles in the heat around a track and they dont use oil explain that..

PlZ give all the feeback possible.
What's a quart in millilitres?

#3 ·
No car, especially a new one should be doing that. I would call Ford themselves ask what they're going to do too make a happy customer. Which engine do you have, the 2.0L or 2.3L ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.