Ford Forums banner

2.3l Duratec, Slave cylinder+clutch kit time?

11K views 35 replies 3 participants last post by  djzx3 
#1 ·
Well I would like to start out by telling what happened, My GF was driving our 03 focus 2.3l Duratec, and the clutch pedal stopped working, she pulled over and shut the car off, and then was not able to push the clutch down enough to hit the safety switch, so I thought the clutch master cylinder was going bad, so I changed it,(And yes it was a pain in the ash) But after pumping the fluid through the new one it tightened up a little and seems to be doing the same thing, so I think I'm looking at having to replace the slave cylinder inside the bell housing of the trans? And since the car is at 117k, I'll probly have to replace the pressure plate and clutch plate, and hope that I can just re-surface the flywheel if needed.

So this thread might turn into a how-to. But I would like some thought on if you think it could be something else?

I see no fluid leaks anywhere, and no kinked lines. I believe there is a hole on the top of the trans to be able to check the plates.... But I am not sure right now?

#29 ·
Thanks Bert, now all I got to do is go get new flywheel bolts, and a couple other new parts for putting her back together.

I'm debating on whether or not I should replace the cover bolts too? I've never heard of anyone saying that it is a big thing or anything, but it would be nice to know if I should?

#33 ·
All back together.... for the most part, still need to get new battery, put the CAI back on, and hook up the brake lines in the wheel wells.

So glad I decided to paint the whole sub-frame with appliance enamel, some guy suggested it to me, said he had used it on his buggy with great results.

Will take pics when I drive her out soon, maybe even take a video of how she sounds with the new flywheel being in there. People say this flywheel makes it sounds different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.