2000 focus clutch removal HELP!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 12:28   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 2000 focus clutch removal HELP!!!!

im attempting to change the clutch on my 2000 ford focus ive removed everything up to the strut that needs to be removed before i can proceed ,....problem i need to use an allen key to prevent the piston rod from rotation ----is the place where im using this fkn allen key located at the top of the strut ----i feel like im banging my head against a wall i have the haynes book , good book but no illust for that particular location it does help ( big time ) but i need someone with a brain cuz mine is shorting out right now thanks !!!!
luvybabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 03:52   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2000 focus clutch removal HELP!!!!

The allen key fits into the top of piston where the nut screws onto . Years since I have done one but can you not just take off the nuts through the wing valance which hold the top mounting and drop the strut as a complete unit ? Unless it has changed that is the easiest way .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum