2000 Ford Focus ZTS.HELP! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38   #1 (permalink)

Question 2000 Ford Focus ZTS.HELP!

Hello I have a 2000 Ford Focus and ever since it was given to me I have had nothing but problems with it.First the throttle cable broke,we fixed that.Then one day the car freaked out an just died turned out to be a fuse,easy fix.Then whenever it rained it would jerk while driving(Like as if I was tapping the break,but I wasnt.) eventually when it got wet it started to stall,so I finally took it to a garage turned out to be a bad Mass Air Flow Sensor,So I had them fix it,they put in a used one for a couple weeks it ran great but then it started doing it again and the engine light came on so I took it to the garage again turned out to be the Mass Air Flow Sensor again.Now I have a hard time believing that I keep getting bad Sensors,I cant buy a new one because there too expensive.I keep going and getting used ones now we have changed the fuel pump twice and the filter.Recently we changed the spark plugs,adjusted the idle setting and now it still jerks when I increase my speed and go to take off from a red light and it still stalls when its wet outside.I dont know what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated.I dont want to put too much more money into this car.I have two toddlers I have to take with me everywhere and Im afraid for there safety.

Thanks
Brandi
KaJisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 18:19   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2000 Ford Focus ZTS.HELP!

What kind of shop is that? Are they just throwing parts at it? Did the tell you what codes they pulled? If you go to Autozone they will pull the codes for free.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:27   #3 (permalink)

Everytime we run a computer on it all it says is that its the Mass Air flow Sensor.Its a family owned garage and they dont want to help but its all I got.
Old 03-10-2010, 20:25   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

How about Dc Auto Service Center? They're in Elmira Heights.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25   #5 (permalink)

Never heard of them,are they expensive? Would the transmission make it stall? Cause a few people think my transmission is bad and if so I cant afford that.
Old 03-11-2010, 17:46   #6 (permalink)

So we took it back to the garage today because the jerking and stalling got worse.We put it back on the computer and it popped out a P0401 code,we googled it and everyone said it mostly is the DPFE Sensor,so we put it in took it for a test drive and it didnt jerk or stall,so Im hoping thats what it was.
Old 03-11-2010, 18:13   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Hope that's it. Keep us informed.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:54   #8 (permalink)

So much for thinking its fixed.Last night i test drove it,an it ran great && this afternoon I go to go out and it wont stay started in any gear but park.Oh an not too mention it has been raining which is when it originally started being stupid and stalling when wet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum