2001 Fuel system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 05:26   #1 (permalink)

Smile 2001 Fuel system

I need to know of a good fuel pump to install on my 01 focus its a split port. Hope to get something that if i ever wanted to burn jet fuel i could alont with the every day mid grade, and if you could tell me some good fuel lines and injectors to go along with it that would be great. If i will need anything els please post it im willing to get whatever els i need. My focus is fixing to be a toy car so im not to worried about waiting for parts or taking my time on installing it thanks alot.
FocusCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 08:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2001 Fuel system

Jet Fuel ? ! ? !
phantom_smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57   #3 (permalink)

yup jet fuel lol my friend has a RX-7 turbo charged with a trim turbo "dont know what trim" but befor he races he puts 1 gallon of jet fuel in his RX-7 than adds a full tank of mid grade and a bottle of some kind of additive "the deisle additive it cleans his injectors" but he runs pretty good the other day he acually raced a ninja 1400 kawasaki "highway speed bike" but they were on the highway and did 1st to 160mph and started from 30mph he down shifted and oh my god he was at 160 in no time bike was impressed he had some kind of after market exhaust on his ninja but yes i want to be able to run with jet fuel like his RX-7 but he wont tell me what he did because hes a d*** haha

Last edited by jwko; 07-31-2008 at 23:08. Reason: inappropriate language
FocusCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:09   #4 (permalink)

I don't know about running a piston engine on jet fuel. MAYBE the rotary engine is handling it better, but if you're going to run jet fuel, you'd better have a diesel engine. I suspect a placebo effect!

As far as racing the Ninja, the aftermarket pipe doesn't change much on the bike except the sound of the exhaust. Maybe adds 5 HP - maybe. Sportbikes have a power to weight ratio that rolls up and smokes ANYTHING up to about 200mph. My R1 (only 1000cc) does 1-60 in about 2.7 seconds and tears up to 100mph all in first gear, before I redline at 12,500rpm. Then I have five more gears to go. It's a struggle to keep the front wheel down. There just isn't a car on the road that can match that kind of performance.

It's funny how many people in cars want to race bikes. I blew the doors off a Ferrari 360 Modena on my old, carbureted R6 (600cc). No point even entertaining a race with Mr. Football Jock in his Mustang or -HAHAHAHA- the Civic boys. Good times.

Now, after a long straight run, a supercar that can do 200+ will eventually catch up and pass a bike. And on the race track, the sportbike is almost evenly matched with a supercar because while the bike accelerates like it's fired out of a cannon, the car has more grip and can get through the turns a little quicker.

The end. :)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum