2002 Focus GARBAGE - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 13:50   #1 (permalink)

mad 2002 Focus GARBAGE

I bought this Garbage from a used Car Dealership in so. cal. and have had it 2 years and it has done nothing but break down and cost me money it has put me in the poor house. first the power windows break (Little Plastic Peices Snap that hold Glass) so that gets put on the back burner dont need the windows down all the time anyways ($100.00 each window to repair and thats just Parts cost and 3 need fixing) then the Plastic housing that holds the Thermstat leaks I have replacet it twice now! it has gone through 2 Alternators and when the last alternator went it messed up the Idle it now does not idle right anymore. and now as of last night i went to school and when I finnished class me Focus now has a according to the flashing engine light a Miss Fire and it ran ok going to class as soon as I left it was broken. and all this was under my 2 years of ownership I have a 1988 Toyota PU that my Fother-in-law bought new off the lot that has not needed this much money to keep up on or repair! Goes to show you that FORD is GARBAGE I will never buy/OWN another and I hate to say this but AMERICAN MADE IS CRAP when it comes to AUTOS only buy Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans they will work for you.
KillerLki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 16:00   #2 (permalink)
red02focus

Re: 2002 Focus GARBAGE

You have a point! I just bought a 02 focus n already it shut down on me twice! Then not only that it shakes whenever I'm at a stop, this pisses me off completly I should've def went with a nissan! I feel yer pain!
red02focus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:17   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLki View Post
AMERICAN MADE IS CRAP when it comes to AUTOS only buy Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans they will work for you.
I can see you've never owned any of my Hondas or the Nissan my wife used to have. :) There's bad apples in every barrel.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 16:15   #4 (permalink)
canuck

My wife owned a Nissan 200SX, it was too small for me to drive and she loved it. However, it was expensive to maintain even as a daily driver. With fuel and parts the cost per mile was equal to that of my '00 Durango with the 5.9L engine!

My '99 Taurus has had no major problems except just recently the alternator bit the dust, but with 183,000kms on the clock, not to mention countless hours of idling in the winter months it doesn't surprise me one bit. If you want to waste your money paying a premium for an import, so be it. There's a Toyota plant (Cambridge, ON) that's a twenty minute drive from my residence and even that said, they're still way overpriced when compared to a domestic vehicle with similar equipment.

Don't forget, Toyota had the most engine problems up until a few years ago, most were sludge related. VW/Audi came in second followed by a couple European manufacturers. No domestics were on the top ten list except Chrysler when they had problems with one engine (2.7L) in their '00-02 vehicles. Toyota had known sludge problems for well over a decade with the 2.2L being the most problematic.

From one brand to another there isn't much difference. What matters is personal preference. If you sleep better at night owing an import, then buy one. I sleep at night knowing that I got a great deal on all my vehicles. I looked at an Accord V6 back in 1999 but I ended up buying a '99 Taurus instead as it was $8K less, offered a larger trunk, more room and better highway manners due to the greater base weight. It nets averages 10L/100km in mixed driving. The only thing I found the Accord had that the Taurus didn't was a slight advantage in performance and handling. For that reason I gained in all other areas and saved $8K in the process.

If your Focus is giving you problems did you get the maintenance history from the previous owner? Did you make sure all recalls have been taken care of? Most people buy a vehicle and only fix problems as they arise and spend double the money than if they had performed regular maintenance. Most compact or even subcompact cars for that matter aren't the best taken care of. They're bought to be economical. If you can save money by going 10K on an oil change without the engine falling apart, that's what they'll do. You have to consider and test everything when purchasing a used vehicle. Myself and others do feel your pain as we believe everything should work 100% all the time, however that's not always the case with a man-made machine.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum