2002 ford focus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 19:23   #1 (permalink)

2002 ford focus

i just got a 2002 ford focus with the SOHC SPI Engine and i want to change the PCV valve on it but idk where it is can anyone tell me where it is so i can change it
chrisoroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2002 ford focus

On that engine the PCV valve is usually located on the drivers side, back corner of the valve cover.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:14   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2002 ford focus

This might help you ,

" PCV Valve on the SPI.. - finally found it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took a while, but I finally found the PCV valve on the SPI.

If you got to get a new valve, dont go to autozone or pepboys or whatever, they dont have the part on their computers.. I looked.

The motorcraft part number for the SPI is EV-262.
Atleast that is what it was for my 2000 SPI.

Now the stock PCV valve looks different from the motorcraft replacement. The old valve has a nice triangular cover on both sides on the inside (sorta like a shield i would say.. its kinda weird) but the new one is open on the inside. However this is the part and i checked with galpin ford. It might look differnet.. but its the part.

My stock part was working alright (i shook it and it rattles) but i decided to replace the valve just in case - i was trying to track down this weird vibration on my car during idle.. basically a rough idle.

WARNING: Make sure you check your rubber hose that goes from the PCV valve to the Intake.. I have to replace mine - the rubber is worn out and is colapseing when I start the engine.

To find the SPI PCV valve, look on your valve cover. On the left side of the valve cover is a tube, this IS NOT your PCV valve , though you would assume it to be. This runs to the PCV filter / Breather filter inside your stock airbox.

The actual PCV valve is on the top right of the valve cover. If you look at your oil filler hole, go north from there on the valve cover and then go east. You will run into it. It is covered under the other tube that runs from the other side of the valve cover. Basically its on the top right side of your valve cover. You will find it.

To take it off:

1) Detach the PCV hose from the PCV valve. Should be a large hose going to the intake manifold.
2) Rotate the PCV valve counterclockwise.
3) Pull the PCV valve from the valve cover.
4) To install, reverse the removal procedure.

I highly suggest checking that tube that runs from the PCV valve to the intake.. I have to now replace that bloody tube... I just happened to check before installing my PCV valve and noticed that the tube shrinks when i start the engine.. it shouldnt shrink..

Actually check all your tubes.. to make sure nothing is cracked and stuff.. "
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum