2007 Tick Tick!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 22:48   #1 (permalink)

2007 Tick Tick!!

So have a 2007 Focus 2.0l (38,000KM) that seems a bit loud on the top end and more to the point around #1. I have checked clearances and found that the exhaust range from 10-12 and the intakes 9-11 (the 11's are at #1) but still in spec. Is there something else that might contribute to this noise or is 11 being max should I install new buckets to bring it to the min?
Hate the sound, it comes clearly on #1 plastic intake with a stethoscope but can not be picked up any where else such as the head but would think the plastic causes an amplification of sound.
Any thoughts?
gtuplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 03:33   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2007 Tick Tick!!

Not fuel injector tick ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:41   #3 (permalink)

Well it seems a bit excessive, and the same engine in the 2008 is very quiet. Are you suggesting that it could be an injector that is very loud and I should perhaps try changing it out?
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36   #4 (permalink)

Problem solved!!! So had nothing to lose by trying, and by just asking about injectors sent me off running to my parts bin and pulled out a fuel rail and injector set and replaced the set. I am happy to say the ticking has been reduced to the normal level of injectors and is no longer heard with the hood closed, the injectors are a bit loud by nature on these but it was bad before the change!
So it begs the question, why would an injector or injectors that work perfectly be so incredibly loud with such low km's, just a bad batch?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:41   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Glad you got it fixed , thanks for update .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum