Ford Forums banner

2009 Ford Focus Vibration problems

40K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this is where I ask a question about my car, I am new and this is the first time I have ever done this so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. I have replaced the two motor mounts in my 09 F. Focus. The top right engine mount and the lower engine mount, I have not tried replacing my torque strut mount. This car just reached 35,000 miles. Does anyone else have this issue and should I now try replacing the torque strut mount? Please help.

#3 ·
the vibration starts as soon as i start my car. It's an automatic transmitting. I purchased it last September so I have had it under a year. The mounts I replaced were bad, the top one was leaking fluid and the lower engine mount was cracked and splitting. I haven't had any accidents and supposedly there were no prior accidents. I drive it due to my job but I don't beat on my car at all. I hardly even pass people because I feel like I am making it work to hard. I'm used to driving a V8 Jeep G.C. Laredo so the power to get up go in this car is way different obviously. I have heard from a lot of people, my mechanic and on the internet that they have had to replace their mounts right around 35000 miles and I know that's crazy because it shouldn't need it at that mileage. I checked for recalls and there were none.

#9 ·
Hi there, well I have now had all 3 mounts replaced, a new alignment done today and it still vibrates like crazy, not as bad as before but still every noticeable. You feel it the worst int the gas peddle. You can still feel it while sitting at an idle. It's like I have one of the massage chair things for my car. I don't know what else to do about it. I know this sounds a little crazy but I actually believe the vibration in this car, in the gas peddle is causing two of my toes my right foot to go numb every now and then. Ever since I have had this car i have been having issues with my foot and only the right one. Any more clues as to what could be causing such vibration?? Thanks.

#15 ·
I also have this issue, I just replaced all 3 mounts (Engine, Transmission and Torque rod) and still shaking, not so much as before but yes, annoying.
I'm used to my 03 Acura CL Type S that you can't tell if it's running or not, and I thought I was exaggerating but it appears that this Focus was made this way?

Don't feel too bad, you're not alone on this, at least the mileage per gallon is good ;)

Attachments

#18 ·
Kendra,you said it starts shaking when you start it up,open up n check your intake temperature sensor ,if it is loose and rattling or you have a spark plugs loose rattling, I found that the multiple gaskets in the valve cover will leak and oil goes into the area of spark plugs and intake temperature sensor and I had a spark plug loosens and or the temperature sensor from the oil giving it lube to loosen it,I replaced the spark plug , temperature sensor and valve cover gasket and my car runs fine now!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.