2009 Ford Focus Vibration problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04   #1 (permalink)

2009 Ford Focus Vibration problems

I'm not sure if this is where I ask a question about my car, I am new and this is the first time I have ever done this so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. I have replaced the two motor mounts in my 09 F. Focus. The top right engine mount and the lower engine mount, I have not tried replacing my torque strut mount. This car just reached 35,000 miles. Does anyone else have this issue and should I now try replacing the torque strut mount? Please help.
Kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 10:42   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2009 Ford Focus Vibration problems

At that mileage , not common to have to replace engine mountings unless driven hard .Were the mountings removed split / worn .What engine fitted ? manual or auto ? When does the vibration kick in ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:59   #3 (permalink)

the vibration starts as soon as i start my car. It's an automatic transmitting. I purchased it last September so I have had it under a year. The mounts I replaced were bad, the top one was leaking fluid and the lower engine mount was cracked and splitting. I haven't had any accidents and supposedly there were no prior accidents. I drive it due to my job but I don't beat on my car at all. I hardly even pass people because I feel like I am making it work to hard. I'm used to driving a V8 Jeep G.C. Laredo so the power to get up go in this car is way different obviously. I have heard from a lot of people, my mechanic and on the internet that they have had to replace their mounts right around 35000 miles and I know that's crazy because it shouldn't need it at that mileage. I checked for recalls and there were none.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Good idea to change the torque strut mount also .Never heard of any recalls .
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for your help I truly appreciate it. I will try replacing the torque mount & hope it stops the vibration. If it doesn't stop the vibration do you have any idea as to what else it could be? Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

The torque strut mount if gone and replaced should normally make a big difference .Also check exhaust mountings / brackets .
Old 05-21-2013, 11:38   #7 (permalink)

I will do that. Thanks again
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

Glad to help , let's know how it is after replacing mount .
Old 06-06-2013, 17:40   #9 (permalink)

Hi there, well I have now had all 3 mounts replaced, a new alignment done today and it still vibrates like crazy, not as bad as before but still every noticeable. You feel it the worst int the gas peddle. You can still feel it while sitting at an idle. It's like I have one of the massage chair things for my car. I don't know what else to do about it. I know this sounds a little crazy but I actually believe the vibration in this car, in the gas peddle is causing two of my toes my right foot to go numb every now and then. Ever since I have had this car i have been having issues with my foot and only the right one. Any more clues as to what could be causing such vibration?? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 18:01   #10 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Things are going awful early, I'm almost wondering if the rotating assembly is out of balance.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum