Ford Forums banner

2013 Focus water collecting in rear passenger floorboard

14K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon, last night I found my floorboard wet under the front passenger seat. It seems to be coming from the area where the air vent is under the seat. I removed the cover and soaked the water with a towel. I thought it could be a possible water bottle spill, or maybe a window left cracked in the rain. Well, this morning is super sunshiny. I drove the car for a bit this morning and the water is puddling again there. The front floorboard is not wet, just the back. Any ideas is what it could be? I went to the dealership ringtones. He said they are backed up currently, but he has never had a focus come in with an ac leak. He suggested it may be a spill it rain leak. Since it is currently puddled again, and the sun is shining, I know there is something else going on. Please help.

#2 ·
This help ? Even though your car is 2013 , possibly older stock and covered by this TSB ?

A/C - WATER LEAK ONTO PASSENGER FRONT FLOOR
TSB 13-12-6

11/20/13

WATER LEAK - FRONT PASSENGER SIDE FLOOR FROM CLIMATE
CONTROL HOUSING - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/12/2012

FORD:
2012-2013 Focus
ISSUE
Some 2012-2013 Focus vehicles built on or before 11/12/2012 may exhibit wet carpet on the passenger side front foot well. This is likely due to leaking climate control condensate.
ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Start the engine and operate air conditioning in the fresh air mode, temperature control on full cold and the fan speed control on high. Allow the vehicle to operate in this manner for a period of time long enough for condensation to develop, considering ambient weather conditions.
2. Check the lower section of the heater core and evaporator core housing inside the vehicle for damage.
3. Is the heater core and evaporator core housing damaged?
a. Yes - this procedure does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 412-00 for normal diagnosis.
b. No - proceed to Step 4.
4. Check if the heater core and evaporator core housing drain tube is present and fully seated in position.
5. Is the heater core and evaporator core housing drain tube present and fully seated in position and does condensate flow freely from the drain tube?
a. Yes - proceed to Step 6.
b. No - this procedure does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 412-00 for normal diagnosis.

6. Remove the five (5) T20 Torx screws to evaporator core access cover. (Figure 1)

7. Place the rope seal across the bottom of the evaporator core access cover groove and starting in the middle push rope seal into the groove. (Figure 2)
a. Stretching the rope seal may result in a water and/or air leak.
8. Wrap the rope seal around the corners and continue working into the groove.
9. Install the evaporator core access cover.

Parts Block and Operation, Description and Time

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.