A/C............ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 18:16   #1 (permalink)
focus Newby

A/C............

Im new to this fourm but i have a question dealing wit my wife 05 focus zx4 se model. Well shes having problems wit' her a/c, and its acting funny. It would one minute blow out cold air for like maybe 1 hr then go to warm air. The compressor is working, when turned on theres a clicking noise coming from it and when trying to put a/c fluid in to the system the fluid wont go into the system like it suppose to. I already know when the fluid goes into it the pipes suppose to get cold(freezing cold) but that dont happen. So we had Amacco look at it and they told us the compressor was bad and it the car needs a new system. Which we had others say different. Plus theres no leak no where cause Amacco and others say theres no leaks. So i wanna know what do you all think about this problem we are having. Also this man that stay in front of us said that it might be sum air stuck up in the lines somewhere or it needs to be pushed through the pipes or something. So hes goin to use his air tank to see if that what it needs and if so that will be so greatful, and we dont have to spend no 300 and sum change on a new a/c system.
supa1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: A/C............

Quote:
Also this man that stay in front of us said that it might be sum air stuck up in the lines somewhere or it needs to be pushed through the pipes or something. So hes goin to use his air tank to see if that what it needs
That's the stupidest thing I believe I've ever heard someone tell someone else. There is no air in a vehicles air conditioning sealed system. Don't even think about letting someone introduce "air" into a A/C system.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:29   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Sounds like it is just needing recharged ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45   #4 (permalink)
focus Newby

Hey i really dont know much about A/c but I do know that u can tell it went bad by the compressor is not turning and the pipes are not cold. Also my self and her momma old bF tried to put more fluid back in but its not taking and the compressor is still running but it got alil clicking noise coming from it when its cut on. When the compressor is cut off no noise! So since it wont take any fluid the best thing is to buy another system huh?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Best to get someone local who you can trust and who knows what they are doing to check it out and recharge system .Over here we can drive into some of the main tyre / exhaust centre and get an air con recharge and checkup while you wait for £40 on a "Recharge or No Charge " set up i.e

" Let Kwik Fit recharge your Air Con while-u-wait. We will replace and recharge lubricant and refrigerant levels in line with your manufacturer’s recommendation. If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all. "
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:37   #6 (permalink)
focus Newby

HEy Im not goin to let that man work on the car like that and the main reason why i asked this question. Just because i thought that yall could tell me its something i can do my self but I see one person is telling me that i should just recharge the system and go from there. So i think i will try that since the compressor is still working but got that clicking noise. I even put the oil in the system after my mother n law EX-bf try to put fluid in the car and still nothing. Plus it will blow out cold air when it wanna and then blow warm air. Like i said before i took it to a professional the first time (Aamcco) but i believe that they wanna get money out of us just by saying the compressor doesnt work but it does cause its turning. (STUPID)................. So i will just see about taking it to another person and let me recharge it, then go from there. I know one thing my wife had the car since 2005 and till now. She never had a tune up on the car, the only thing was checked or changed was the spark plugs/wires, oil and tranny fluid. Oh yeah the tires was change up in the mix to! But the car still runs great just the A/C thang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum