Can anyone help me? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2003, 22:59   #1 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Can anyone help me?

I just have a few quick questions i would really appreciate if anyone can answer for me:

1. Does the ford employee discount (20% i think) apply to the Focus ST170?

2. For those people who have bought a Fcous, are dealers offering pricing under RRP for Zetec (in particular 3 door) or merely adding features for free (bodykit with wheels etc)?

3. Does anyone on here have a zetec and are planning serious mods (headers, echaust, intake etc) becuase i would love to chat in depth?

Thanks in advance,

TurboDOHC
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2003, 04:26   #2 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Help for ya mate

About the discounts for Ford employees, I'm not sure about that one, my guess is as good as yours. If you're lucky neough to even find an ST170 that is.

They seem to be offering some pretty good discounts on Zetec and surprisingly you can negotiate a good deal. I managed to get a Manual Zetec 2 door with VDC AdvanceTrac for about 27800 on road, that's a saving of about 3-4000 off RRP. I did trade in an older car which probably meant I would have got a slightly better deal without trade in ( coz they usually take a good portion off the shine of a new car deal by giving you a shit trade in price) and the actual discount itself was due to buying the car under national lease plan with an extra $500 discount chucked in to bring it down to 27800 or thereabouts. The sad thing is I bought it before the real discounts came in, so 6 months later, nowadays, I think it's probably pretty easy to either scure yourself a free kit and wheels OR a really good discount. Depends how well you negotiate.

As for the serious mods, I've already installed ST170 clear side indicators, had my engine computer upgraded with the latest settings which were recalibrated from July 1 for very slight power increase and I have installed a K & N Filter in the original filter box. Those alone are just a very small pat on the bum for the Zetec which after 12000kms has also loosened up nicely to become very free revving and happy. The following are my next mods...

1 - Hitech Muffler $880 in Sydney, gives a good 6/7 kW gain (and that's just the muffler, not the actual head-back system which with a diameter increase may indeed add a few more kW's.

2 - Powerchip for $880 also, the Gold upgrade can be calibrated from the stock 96kW to a more healthy top end 108kW

3 - The rest is just a dream, but for some good info, there's a great sydney guy doing up Foci with some well known Euro and US parts, visit his website at http://www.infocusmotorsport.com.au/ Having seen his little 2 Door Zetec conversion, let me assure you it's VERY VERY nice in the metal, much more so than in the pics.

Why do I know so much? I love my Focus and only want the best for it!!!! Details also about joining a soon to be created Focus club are on his website.

Cheers
Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:03   #3 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Re: Can anyone help me?

g'day zetec.........

great to meet someone with the same passion for zetecs! The look and chassis has me hooked!

yeah have been pouring over infocus site. unfortuantely i am a couple of years of getting a zetec. but when i do she will be just out of warranty so i will be free to trick her up!

going to redo exhaust from headers to tip, diablo chip, ram pod with bonnet vent for cold air and just tint the windows and add bigger pedals (do u find them wwaaaaaaayyyyy too small?)

Anyway, keep in touch.........and send me some pics of ya car please! :)
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 07:01   #4 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Hey again!!

Yeah, in my opinion and in the way that I install a sound system or mods a car, the less visible, the better. If you can pull up to some tosser in an Astra Turbo in your visibly stock Zetec with fully reworked mechanicals... who cares whether it looks like a squadron of F18's taking off?!!!! The base bodykit is good enough, or preferably without it (at $2500!!!) is sexy enough

You actually can quite happily trick up ur Zetec whilst still under warranty. It's illegal for any manufacturer to void your warranty because of it under federal law. Only if your mod directly stuffs up part of your car can they then try and stop you, but even then it's rare.

Keep in touch definitely, coz the Focus Owners Club is bound to get underway sometime this year.

And yes, the pedals are waaay too small and I can only heel toe in my biggest leather shoes, not in my fave driving shoes. I have looked at ST170 pedals drilled on, but they're over 200 for the set, i think even almost 500 or something like that. Joke.

Anyway, keep it in mind, the best way to do up you baby is keeping her 100% Euro gorgeous whilst performing a heart transplant or at least feeding her some roids...

Cheers
Old 08-19-2003, 06:39   #5 (permalink)
Focus user

i agree with the "keep it simple" ideals. i have had my 3dr zetec (machine silver) for a month or so now. and i love it. its got the standard 16" rims, the bodykit and its been lowered just a little. i was looking at the done up focus on the infocus website and i admit it looks really good....but then i go outside and look at my stocker and i gotta say i don't wanna change it at all.....it looks classy euro which is great. its doesn't look riced up like all the lancers etc getting around...and whats more it goes harder! i reckon i'll be doing the usual mods....air filter, herrods exahust...chip etc to get it to around 115kw. that should do for me, just enough to put down some pulsar sss's (er...sss's's?). it's a damn nice car though.
Kymera4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:44   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Dude!!!

Hear hear!!! You have EXACTLY the same baby as me!! The sexiest one available in MAchine Silver, 3 Dr manual... with the stock rims... now there's someone after my own heart...!!

I agree completely, although I've already got the ST170 side indicator lenses with orange bulbes and a K&N panel Filter, the only 2 mods I will ever seriously do are a slight lowering job (cut about an inch and a half to 2 inches i reckon) and whack in a Powerchip Gold which boosts the 96kW to 108kW. that's a pretty good boost if you ask me for only (special Wheels Magazine subcription rate) $680 instead of $880. It's worth paying the $90 to subscribe to Wheels just to get eh $200 discount on a Powerchip (not to mention the hundreds of other bonuses and discounts!!!)

Out of curiosity, how much did your lowering job cost, how was it done and how much did it get lowered by? Does it affect ride/handling/comfort at all? Considering the identical nature of ur car to mine, no one else is more qualified to answer that!! I'd be grateful.

Cheers

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Old 08-19-2003, 07:57   #7 (permalink)
Focus user

i'd love to answer that question....unfortunately...i don't know myself. the dealer had it done before i got it. i bought it as a demo....just saw it and fell in love. i would guess its been lowered about 1 to 1.5 inches all round. it looks alot better than stock but not too low. i do know that the springs are pedders. i drove a stock focus as well as the one i bought and i would say it handles a little better but with a slightly stiffer ride. but hardly noticable i think. comfort is not a problem at all. i can honestly say that its worth doing....any decrease in ride comfort is definetaly worth the increase in looks and cornering.

also...whats this about the wheels subscription deal? i hadn't seen that. what issue is that in, im quite interested in that!
Kymera4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:12   #8 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Tongue

Hmm Pedders eh? So I'm guessing no bull right? LMAO.

That sounds good enough for me, I suspect it'd be a little stiffer and it would definitely address the height issue and perhaps make it handle slightly better. Nice one!! Thanks. I'll be heading down ot a Pedders to enquire.

As for Wheels, just pick up any copy and cut out the subscription slip, or visit www.wheelsmag.com.au and pay online and either way you're not only in the draw to win a Nissan 350Z which you can sell and then use to import a Focus RS turbo, but you also get 12 months of Australia's BEST car mag which I love reading and you also get this awesome pack with ur membership number which gives you vouchers galore (gotta be seen to be believed in that there's such a wide range of stuff from travel to hire to free ice creams to car washes...!!) It's seriously awesome and if you're crazy enough to do it simply for the $200 discount on a powerchip then you still end up getting $110 off the chip after your subscription even if you never read a mag!!!!

If not, then at least do it for the free ice cream.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:13   #9 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

photos?

also mate if u've got photos or can get any online so I can see how it looks that'd be a help!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 08:15   #10 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

For pics of my car have a quick squiz at http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=11226 to see what I mean by a huge wheel arch clearance over the sexy 16"s.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum