Can-bus on focus 2012 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 14:07   #1 (permalink)

Can-bus on focus 2012

Hello!

I bought a Focus Titanium late last year and i am extremely satisfied. However, I miss the clean bright xenon lights. I have LED at the back and halogen at the front. I called my nearest ford dealer and asked where it would cost to fit original xenon but got quite a shocking answer. Up to 8400 USD (56000 SEK), so he recommended to buy a xenon kit(ballast and everything) and remove it when going for a service.

My question then is what kind of xenon i need for my car. H7 dipped beam, H1 main beam and W5W/T10 for the sidelights (position lights?) But do I need xenon with support for Can-bus?
I have looked around for almost 1 week if Ford Focus 2012 has Can-bus, but found no concrete answers.

Also I'd like your opinions on what you think is best, for both safety and style. 4700K or 6000k?

Sorry if all of this is some what unreadable. 100% swedish and the swedish ford forums just arent replying :(
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 14:51   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Can-bus on focus 2012

Well I wish I could help more but don't do anything with aftermarket lighting. Maybe someone that does will chime in. Best of luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 15:27   #3 (permalink)

I do really want original but seems like it would cost an arm and a leg to get it :(

Do you know if the 2012 focus has CAN-bus though?

Thank you :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-15-2013, 15:31   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

We have been having problems in the UK , probably the same with all European /Swedish models.

For those who have the Titanium X with the*xenon*headlights you may or may not be aware of this issue already.

First off my cornering lights stopped working and then strangely started working again. Then last week I got a 'Headlight Malfunction Service Now' message come up on the dash and the Xenon's are now pointing down in their lowest position (to avoid dazzling apparently).

Car went into dealers and it is a fault that Ford already know about. It requires replacement wiring looms/connectors and headlight*bulbs. The service manager told me that the fault occurs when the wiring overheats.*
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 15:51   #5 (permalink)

Wow that pretty poorly done on fords behalf. But since it seems like its monitoring the lights im guess 2012 is equipted wity canbus..

That should not affect me though should it? Since im not installing their original xenon kit?
I was just planning on getting the 35w xenon bulbs with ballast.

Old 11-15-2013, 16:39   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Can get these on e-bay .

<h2>XENON SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHTS BULB UPGRADE KIT.</h2>
The Xenon Super White Bulbs Kit is a great replacement of your vehicle standard halogen bulbs and they are 100% legal for road use,*E1 certified, fully compliant with European ECE R37 Regulations.*

Xenon Super White Bulbs have a high colour temperature, whiter light (<strong>5000K</strong>) than the standard halogen yellow light. The whiter colour delivers improved night-time visibility*50% extra light on the road*helping drivers to see better.

The Xenon Super White Bulbs are car lamps made using an advanced blue coating technology to achieve a distinct look. This blue coating creates a daylight type of light and heightens the sensation of night driving, enhancing road sign and road markings reflection.*

This allows drivers to see and be seen, avoiding hazards and improves recognition of objects, cyclists, pedestrians and road workers or in any poor lighting situations such as bad weather and darkness. The Xenon Super White Bulbs also use UV-blocking Quartz Glass to filter out the ultraviolet rays that are potentially damaging to modern plastic head lighting units.

<h3>The Xenon Super White Bulbs Kit Includes</h3>2 X H1 Super White Headlight Bulbs - Main (high) beam
2 X H7 Super White Headlight Bulbs - Dipped (driving) beam
2 X H8 Super White Headlight Bulbs - Front Fog
2 X W5W Super Ice White Bulbs - Sidelight Bulbs

If you are not sure if this is the correct bulb for your vehicle, Please contact us.*

<h3>Technical Information</h3>The*Xenon Super White bulbs do not need any alterations to your vehicle. They just fit*exactly where the standard halogen bulbs fit.*The bulbs are 12V 55 Watt and they will run on the normal power supply of you car, exactly the same as the ones you are replacing.
Old 11-15-2013, 22:25   #7 (permalink)

So you recommend these brighter halogen bulb instead of the real xenon bulbs?

Has anyone tried these? Would really like to see a real picture of them on a ford before trying them!

So focus 2012 has canbus?

Old 11-16-2013, 14:10   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

Never used them , so cant say if good or not .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum