Car Alarm and Focus logo question. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 11:26   #1 (permalink)

Car Alarm and Focus logo question.

I have an 01 Focus and it does not have a car alarm or power locks. Is it possible to get the locks switched to power locks when i get an alarm installed? If so has anyone done this before and if anyone knows how much it will cost?

Second question is i want to take the log off on the back of the car. By that i mean just the word "focus" off the back of the car. Is that part drilled in or is it glued onto the ford cars i know that one some cars they are not drilled and on some they are.
no1butme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 09:31   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Car Alarm and Focus logo question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1butme View Post
I have an 01 Focus and it does not have a car alarm or power locks. Is it possible to get the locks switched to power locks when i get an alarm installed? If so has anyone done this before and if anyone knows how much it will cost?

Second question is i want to take the log off on the back of the car. By that i mean just the word "focus" off the back of the car. Is that part drilled in or is it glued onto the ford cars i know that one some cars they are not drilled and on some they are.
Switching to power locks will be costly, unless you have the know-how to do the job yourself. As I like to say, for parts, the cheapest way to go will be to check local salvage yards. You'll have to install the lock assembly and then install a vapour barrier then put the door panel and related hardware back together. It's not the easiest task to do. I tried this on an older GM van, where I was sick of having to reach five feet to unlock the passenger door. It took around $350 in parts and my own labour to do the job. Plus the van was in the garage for three days as I worked on it in the evenings. I sold it a few months later for a second car.

A hairdryer, some fishing line, along with patience and a bit of elbow grease and you can de-badge the car. As far as I know, most cars built in the late 90's and up are all glued on so the manufacturers can save on hardware and money. On the bright side, at least it's not painted on like some older vehicles!
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum