Re: Engine Bay to Cabin
Zantet you ever looked for a grommet somewhere in your focus engine bay on the firewall?
You can go thru the grommet in the front left door jam... have fun its a bitch to do I managed to get 2awg thru.
1. Remove kick panel
2. Locate grommet remove and poke a hole in it
3. Grab some stiff wire(enameled wire is best, I used 1.6mm stuff left over from some inductors I custom wound).
4. Along the top of the front guard you will find some gaps/spaces
between the inner and outer guards,(remove the wheel and remove all the locating screws from the plastic liner(splash guard!), no need to remove the liner completely just enough to get your hands in) from one of the gaps feed the stiff wire thru until it pokes out from the plastic liner near the door jam, its tricky but it can be done with a funny face being pulled ;p
5. Feed enough wire thru the kick panel area/grommet hole, tape the power wire to the stiff wire and pull it thru.
6. Cut power wire to required length and pull it back enough to take up excess slack, cable tie it in place in the door jam to the factory wires so it cant move.
7. Replace grommet then the kick panel and bobs yer uncle...
Hope this helps, if you need it I'll take a few pic's.
Takin it to 7
turnin it to 11
Originally Posted by some wise man
It may be your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.