Ford Forums banner

engine start failure

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  happigrlca 
#1 ·
Sometime I can't start my engine and sometime I can.I can tell by the sound that the starter is working, but the engine won't start.I went to 3 services, and they told me there is some problem with injection pressure, but they don't know what it is. Car's computer doesn't show any errors. Their only idea is the high pressure pump, but they don't know why it sometimes starts. Did anyone have similar problem? Can you at least tell me if the problem is electronical or mehanical? Thank you.

#2 ·
I have the same problem but Ford tells me it's all in my head...............at one point one of the service techs even looked me straight in the eye and told me that it was a necessary safety feature so that the engine could recalibrate itself............ha ha ha

Good Luck....I've been dealing with this problem for a year and a half now (since the car was brand new) and haven't had any support from Ford in fixing it.

Boo to Ford and my next car will be a Dodge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.