Fault Code B2290 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 20:41   #1 (permalink)

Fault Code B2290

Sure could use some help on this!
Got a 2008 Focus that was involved in a collision, all has been repaired and the new air bag control module installed but now have this code B2290 or Occupant Classification System module fault. I have tried to clear but still remains so I decided to exchange the seat with an identical seat with all matching part numbers on modules and harness and still it will not clear the B2290 code! What else will cause this? Will a module cause this? I should point out that the module was remanufactured but it tests OK with only the code.
Help would be great.
Thanks

I should add that the passenger side air bag (curtain) and the drivers seat pretensioner we the only components that were set and not knowing the the details of the accident would figure that the passenger pretensioner was not detonated so no passenger was present at time of accident. The seat that I tried as a replacement also came from a wrecker so was involved in a collision but all components of the seat are fine, is it possible that reprogramming of some sort is required?
gtuplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 08:34   #2 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage
Re: Fault Code B2290

The body shop that fixed your car should be responsible for fixing this problem. Can you still take it to them? Or was the accident a while ago?

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:03   #3 (permalink)

No I am the shop fixing the car but have not run into this problem before so was looking for a little technical help. I am a bit remote and outside help is not readily accessible as far as diagnostics go. It may be as simple as a reflash at a dealer but really need to be sure before heading down that road!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34   #4 (permalink)

Yes I had read this posting but thought it was still a bit cloudy on the details, I had the concern that because there was most likely no passenger in the car because the pretensioner is ok why would the components in the seat need to be replaced? The sensor the tech describes is an bag that is in the seat and measures weight to a sensor switch and I have a hard time believing this would be the problem being I have never run into this before. I don't know any of this for sure but really looking for a conclusive answer before I load the car and haul it miles away to a dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum