Focus 2002 scraping noise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 15:00   #1 (permalink)

Focus 2002 scraping noise

Has anyone else found they have a dry scraping sound from the engine
or tranny at between 1500 and 3000 revs? Very difficult to pin down where it's from. Its definitely not the air con compressor.
brendancal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004, 16:33   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Re: Focus 2002 scraping noise

yup yup i have the same noise ... well at least it might be the same, only happens when i am changing gears.. nfi what it is... going back to ford thursday for some other work, so getting them to look at it again as they " couldnt find anything " last time.. only cos they didnt drive the car to find it.

Chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 17:06   #3 (permalink)

I have found that very occassionally, when I put the car in first gear, the car seems to go into gear, but then when I release the clutch, it starts to give off this scraping sound but the car is driving along anyway (ie, it is not a gear change error where the gear's just banged off the gate with a loud noise and goes back to neutral -- eg with the older subarus which seems to fooking hate going from 2nd to 3rd gear). However, if I declutch and re-engage the gear/change to a higher gear, it goes away. I have no idea why it happens, as I am usually very careful with the clutching when I am changing gear, and I didn't do anything different from what I normally do when it happens! Very annoying. Causes people to think I am a muppet with the gear changes sometimes.
slaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 18:00   #4 (permalink)

This noise is present when idling as well, and just upping the revs, not even changing gear.
Any clues?
Thanks for replies so far.
Old 04-04-2004, 17:37   #5 (permalink)

Any joy Chris with the noise after you took your car in?

Brendan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum