Ford Forums banner

Focus 2011 remote locking control box

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
I am having problems with the remote central locking of my 2011 1.6 tdci. It has become very slow and only works when the key remote is very close to the vehicle. I have changed battery to no avail. I have seen on a post that it is worth trying to disconnect and reconnect the 2 cables from the remote Siemans box which is under the driver's side dash. I cannot see how to access this box. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the 'under' dash so that I can access it?

#2 ·
Almost sure your car does not have a Siemens box , only earlier models .I believe the central locking is controlled by GEM module part of the interior fuse box .Basically a computer controlled (CANbus ) module . Just a thought , a low car battery can also cause these symptons .Worth getting load tested , especially if original .

#4 ·
Even though battery was replaced last year , no harm in getting it load tested with winter coming and alternator output checked at same time to eliminate those possibilities , especially if car used on short , stop / start journeys .Most large motor factors or stores usually check F.O.C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.