Focus query - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2005, 12:02   #1 (permalink)
madbunyan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Focus query

This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought an 02
Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the engine to
over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then settles to
about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes like a
squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is still under
warranty but I donít want to appear an idiot if I take it in and itís
nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!!

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus...ict124981.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=608591
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Tim..
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Focus query


"madbunyan" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_608591_194082570adb7592a59493c759a3309f@autoforumz.com...
> This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought an 02
> Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the engine to
> over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then settles to
> about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes like a
> squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is still under
> warranty but I don't want to appear an idiot if I take it in and it's
> nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!!


Stuttering is not normal. - have it checked.

Some slightly weird behavior when cold and during warm up is normal- thats
just how they are!

Not sure what your squeek could be- possibly auxilary belt or cam belt
tensioners- have it checked. Thats what the warranty is for.

Tim..


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
madbunyan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Focus query

"Tim..1" wrote:
> "madbunyan" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:1_608591_194082570adb7592a59493c759a3309f@autoforumz.com...
> > This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought

> an 02
> > Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the

> engine to
> > over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then

> settles to
> > about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes

> like a
> > squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is

> still under
> > warranty but I don't want to appear an idiot if I take it in

> and it's
> > nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!!

>
> Stuttering is not normal. - have it checked.
>
> Some slightly weird behavior when cold and during warm up is
> normal- thats
> just how they are!
>
> Not sure what your squeek could be- possibly auxilary belt or
> cam belt
> tensioners- have it checked. Thats what the warranty is for.
>
> Tim..


Many thanks for that, will get it checked. Looking under the bonnet
the sound eems to be coming from the general direction of the belt so
will let Ford have a look!!

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus...ict124981.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=610489
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 23:01   #4 (permalink)
Henri
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Focus query

Its the power steering pump.

"madbunyan" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_610489_262304ddd0f974c5279a193d8eb60bfb@autoforumz.com...
"Tim..1" wrote:
> "madbunyan" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:1_608591_194082570adb7592a59493c759a3309f@autoforumz.com...
> > This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought

> an 02
> > Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the

> engine to
> > over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then

> settles to
> > about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes

> like a
> > squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is

> still under
> > warranty but I don't want to appear an idiot if I take it in

> and it's
> > nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!!

>
> Stuttering is not normal. - have it checked.
>
> Some slightly weird behavior when cold and during warm up is
> normal- thats
> just how they are!
>
> Not sure what your squeek could be- possibly auxilary belt or
> cam belt
> tensioners- have it checked. Thats what the warranty is for.
>
> Tim..


Many thanks for that, will get it checked. Looking under the bonnet
the sound eems to be coming from the general direction of the belt so
will let Ford have a look!!

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus...ict124981.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=610489


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Re: Focus query

I bought a 2007 Focus last summer. There's a loud squeek from the back end, present even in low speed city driving. Has anybody had a similar experience? What caused it? How did you get it fixed?
Tigertiger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 14:38   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: England
Posts: 6
Re: Focus query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigertiger99 View Post
I bought a 2007 Focus last summer. There's a loud squeek from the back end, present even in low speed city driving. Has anybody had a similar experience? What caused it? How did you get it fixed?

I think you would be much better making a new thread as this one has been dead for 5 years
MAJE5T1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.