Ford Forums banner

Focus Zetec R

6K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  WASACL 
#1 ·
Ford Focus' continued World Rally Championship (WRC) success is being celebrated in Australia with the release of the rally-inspired, special edition Focus Zetec R.

Incorporating the rally-bred ride and handling characteristics inherent across the entire Focus range, Focus Zetec R is available as a five door hatch with a choice of either automatic or manual transmission. The extensive list of extras includes:

17" alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 Goodyear tyres
Front and rear bumper skirt and side skirts
Unique large rear spoiler
Aluminium pedal pads (manual transmission only)
Gear knob – leather with brushed aluminium insert (manual transmission only)
Handbrake cover – leather with brushed aluminium insert
Scuff plates (set of four)
Carpet mats with Zetec R logo
'R' decals (three per vehicle) positioned under the Zetec badges at the front fenders, and under the engine displacement badge on the rear right hand-side of the vehicle.

"Focus Zetec R SVP is an exciting addition to the Ford Focus model line-up in Australia," says Ford Australia Small Car Brand Manager, Craig Smith.

"The 17" alloy wheels, front and rear bumper skirts and the large rear spoiler really give the Zetec R an enhanced athletic appearance. Interior features such as the leather gear knob and handbrake complete the picture.

"Focus Zetec R is also a sensational value package. Offering more than $4,200 of extra value for no additional cost, it really is an unbeatable deal."

Focus Zetec R will be available in a choice of four colours – Machine Silver, Colorado Red, Panther Black and Ink Blue.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
No offence anyone, but if I wanted a Ford press release, I'd go to the Ford website.

This looks like a very flaccid attempt to use the forum as a marketing channel.

I don't have a problem with posting press releases, but they should be marked as such.

The Focus Zetec R is simply an SVP, nothing to do with WRC success. It is a great value pack for the price of the Zetec.............but we all know this, as it was on the Forums two weeks ago!

#4 ·
melbzetec said:
No offence anyone, but if I wanted a Ford press release, I'd go to the Ford website.

This looks like a very flaccid attempt to use the forum as a marketing channel.

I don't have a problem with posting press releases, but they should be marked as such.

The Focus Zetec R is simply an SVP, nothing to do with WRC success. It is a great value pack for the price of the Zetec.............but we all know this, as it was on the Forums two weeks ago!
Most of the press releases and other Ford information I put up on this forum come out before being launched on the Ford website, so if you don't want to read any press releases or anything similar steer clear of any of my posts and go read it somewhere else.

This is not a 'flaccid' attempt at marketing to Ford Forums users. I believe that the majority of users are educated well enough to know the difference between Ford PR spin and my own dribble.

This press release may not be new, and to be honest I have very little interest in the Focus line, but I get requests to put this information up so users don't have to look around for it.

Until there are more people like you on the forums I won't bother.

#5 ·
My argument simply is this........ mark it as a press release.........nobody has an issue with that. The fact is your post didn't indicate anywhere that it was a press release, when it patently was... and that came across to me as just a bit odd

#6 ·
Thanks for your post Luke, it's always good to hear Ford information releases before we can hear it elsewhere! I for one don't scour the Ford press release site every day in th hope of finding something on the Focus, so it's very appreciated when it gets posted here, as you have done for a long time now! Please don't stop because of one person!

As for the Zetec R, saw one the other day, the blue badges sure stand out, as does the rear wing!

Regards, Tim

#7 ·
Sorry guys. I'll pull my head in

#8 ·
rpo83 - Thanx fer the headsup on the Focus R release. Makes for a rather interesting read. (as do almost ALL of your posts!!!)
sheeesh - think I better stop now before I have to buy him flowers or somethin!

#9 ·
FWIW, my 2 cents worth

Yes it is good to see new information on any vehicle, and especially on this Forum regarding the Focus.

Maybe, any press release 'should' indicate that it is just that.

However, in this particular case, the Focus Zetec R info posted is not 'New News'. That same information has been posted - albeit without the quotes from Craig Smith - over a month ago, and indeed photos of the Zetec R have already appeared on the Forum.

As I said, my 2 cents worth

Graham

#10 ·
It's important to realise the guys doing Ford-News here do not browse the forums regularly in areas that do not interest them as much, such as this one for RPO83. If you are doing newsfeed for 20 or more sections, you are not going to browse every single thread everytime there is a news release from Ford.

I understand what people are saying, and no disrespect, but once you've been here a while, you'll soon see how large it all is and it's not feasible for these news guys to make sure they don't 'double post' what someone else says.

I am willing to bet you dont all read every single car forum in this place, and not only that, remember what every single thread posted is.

It's pretty simple - you'll soon recognise Ford-News post as opposed to their personal ones. Get some time up, and don't spoil it for the rest of us. RPO83 is one of them, it's pretty clear to see.

If you don't like the Ford-News posts, don't post. Simple. End of story. For the rest of us that enjoy it, keep up the good work Luke.

Zantetsuken - Moderator.

#11 ·
Considering this site is SPONSORED by Ford dealers. Why shouldnt they be allowed to post press releases here? Its up to us whether we read them or not.

#12 ·
It's sponsored by dealers, not Ford Motor Company. I say we all just go over to Whippet's place and crack open his fridge and drink all his beer to relax. It's a Press Release, doesn't harm anyone and it's good to have people like RPO83 posting here, I certainly appreciate it!! But everyone has an opinion. There is the News section here but once in a while we get something like this posted here and for those of us who have no life other than the Focus section of the FordForums it's a reminder that there's life ouside of my PC... ahem... cough..

#13 ·
As I've already said guys, my apologies and I'll pull my head in.

Unfortunately, I was not familiar with RPO83's posts, and simply started reading it as someones individual post. It was only when I was into the second paragraph that it smacked as a press release. Not knowing RPO83, and given there was nothing to say "news" or "press release", I mistakenly assumed it was someone trying to pass off a press release as their own news.

RPO83, my unreserved apology. Please continue to post press releases as you find them. I shall now slink away and smack myself repeatedly around the head

#16 ·
Come here melbzetec and give me a hug....

Make you feel all better...

Russ

#21 ·
Yes, got it back last week and have been fighting with the insurance company ever since.( I won't mention the company, but it starts with AAMI......) No problem with the repair, but with tyres.

The car has Goodyear Eagle1 tyres on it (series 2). They replaced the front left hand tyre which was damaged. However Goodyear doesn't make series 2 anymore, and so they replaced the tyre with a Goodyear Eagle1 series 3. Problem is, it has a totally different compound and totally different tread pattern. Two different tyres across the drive wheels. Thankyou very much

"It's legal" says the arrogant assessor. Bugger whether it's safe. "We don't replace whole sets" says the fine print.

So long story short, I end up dealing with the AAMI Ombudsman. After numerous phone calls and emails, I beat the bastards. A good letter from Ford, and a fantastic letter from Goodyear clinched it. Mind you, I get one extra $250 tyre (will no doubt end up buying matching tyres for the rear out of my own pocket)

Now all I have to do is get my Auto Art tailights from UK. First set was faulty and sent them back. Retailer has just emailed to say 2nd set was also faulty from his supplier, so eventually I'll get them, and they should be right, but it's been 4 months now

And that should be it, and I'll get photos posted ......................( .........although I have been looking at the darkened headlights at Carshine, and have been thinking about a Pipercross Viper induction, and......, and.........does it ever end???)

#22 ·
no mate, it wont end till the significant other tells you to make the choice between them and the car. That would be a harder call than most of us would like to admit. Beating the big blokes, sounds almost like the plot from the castle.

#24 ·
WASACL said:
Come here melbzetec and give me a hug....

Make you feel all better...

Russ

Still waiting to give that hug!

Russ

#25 ·
WASACL said:
Still waiting to give that hug!

Russ
Aaaaah Russ! I'm just a bit scared that your avatar is an example of your hugs!!

#26 ·
You should be scared....YOU SHOULD BE!

But i still want that hug!

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.