Ford Announces Focus Pricing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2005, 17:30   #1 (permalink)
www.lukehimself.com

Ford Announces Focus Pricing

Ford Australia today released pricing details of its all new Focus range, which goes on sale next month.

"Ford Australia is very excited about the prospects for the smooth new Ford Focus, which builds on the reputation for quality and class leading driving dynamics of its outstanding predecessor," Ford Australia Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald said.

"New Focus builds on that reputation by adding even more in terms of quality, craftsmanship, packaging and refinement."

From launch, the new Ford Focus family will initially consist of the popular sedan and hatch variants. Four models will be available in the Focus line-up – the entry level CL, the feature-packed LX, the sporty Zetec and the luxurious Ghia.

Mr McDonald emphasised the outstanding value of the Focus range, starting with the feature packed CL sedan and hatch.

Focus CL comes complete with a new 107 kW 2.0-litre Duratec 16-valve engine, air-conditioning, driver and front passenger airbags, CD player and front power windows for a recommended retail price of just $20,990 for both sedan and hatch.

Options include a four-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift and two value packs – the Safety Pack, which adds ABS brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and front seat-mounted thorax protecting side airbags; and the Smooth Pack, which adds alloy wheels, colour-coded power mirrors, cruise control and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.

The Focus LX, also available in sedan and hatch, builds on the CL package and adds stylish 16-inch alloy wheels, ABS with EBD, front seat-mounted thorax protecting side airbags, front and rear power windows, power mirrors, cruise control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and front fog lamps.

Recommended retail price for the Focus LX sedan and hatch is $24,990. The sporty Focus Zetec is available only as a hatch and combines all the features of the LX with a lowered, aggressive bodykit, 17-inch alloy wheels and a sports suspension kit for a recommended retail price of $27,490. Topping the range is the luxurious Focus Ghia, available only as a sedan, which adds to the package with four-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift, dual zone climate control, six-disc in-dash CD player, leather seat trim and power adjustable driver's seat for a recommended retail price of $30,99.

Ford Focus recommended retail pricing:*

Focus CL hatch $20,990
Focus CL sedan $20,990
Focus LX hatch $24,990
Focus LX sedan $24,990
Focus Zetec hatch $27,490
Focus Ghia sedan $30,990

Automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift $ 2,000

Option Packages:

Safety Pack (CL only) $ 1,190
Smooth Pack (CL only) $ 890
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 19:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Announces Focus Pricing

so the new zetec has the same power (engine) as a CL , lol suckfull
freddykingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 19:46   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddykingston
so the new zetec has the same power (engine) as a CL , lol suckfull
Sure, but the new engine is top notch, so its not really an issue anymore.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 17:26   #4 (permalink)

its great that its top notch like it should be , but for me if i was to pay more money i would want a better engine not just better suspension, interior etc...
freddykingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 22:35   #5 (permalink)

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I certainly can agree with the sentiments, but I suppose the reason there is no other engine option is because the little car doesnt really need anything else. (Perhaps it would be nice on the stats sheet to see the Zetec and Ghia get a few more horsies to play with).

Would be sweet to see the ST REALLY soon. That's the one I'll be getting if it's out around purchasing time (or I'll be 'settling' for a Zetec). :D
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:31   #6 (permalink)

Surely the ST will come out later with more power??? Im still getting an SP23 sedan with leather pack, same platform, Japanese built!, not S.A. And the blinkers are on the right side, but the fuel filler is on the wrong side for a right hand drive car, just like a Commodre, grrrrr! So I have to take care not to hit the fuel boswer when filling up. Mazda 6 has it in the right place so figure that one out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum