ford focus 1.8 zetec 2001 .Power. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:44   #1 (permalink)

confused ford focus 1.8 zetec 2001 .Power.

Hi i have a ford focus zetec 1.8 2001 the thing is my mother in law has the 99 model (same car zetec 1.8) and when i compare the cars her car has alot more power well it is alot faster at pull of and second and therd are alot more powerful my car has less mileage but i donno when it was last serviced and also the brake discs need to be change (could that be the reason) i dont wanna have to pay for a full servis if that isnt goin to help if anyone has got any ideas please let me know.
|Thanks for checking this out.
cwalton1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 19:55   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: ford focus 1.8 zetec 2001 .Power.

I'm assuming the transmissions are the same as well. The other thing to consider is wheel size, larger wheels (taller overall diameter) will sap more power as it takes more oomph to turn the larger wheels, which also weigh more.

Changing the air filter and spark plugs might help if it's been 30K since it was done. Most shops use standard copper core plugs (good for 25-40K depending on how one drives) unless you specify and pay for a premium plug.

If you carry anything in the trunk/boot, or back seat that you never use and is heavy, remove it. Child seats can weigh up to 50-65lbs alone don't forget. With a few hundred extra pounds on board, performance will suffer, especially if it needs some engine maintenance done.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum