Ford Focus, Has anyone else driven one? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2001, 06:34   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Ford Focus, Has anyone else driven one?

I drove a Ford Focus around Europe and found it to be a very nice car. It should be sold here. Its very well built. Goes well on dirt roads as well as autobahns. We drove a 1.8DOHC one.

Here is a photo of it in San Remo Italy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanremofocus.jpg (25.5 KB, 99 views)
ED Manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2001, 06:36   #2 (permalink)

And one at cruising speed in France, heading up to Paris from Nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg focusspeed.jpg (25.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 08-07-2001, 07:02   #3 (permalink)

I wish we were allowed to drive at high speed here. At least on roads with guardrails both sides of the road where there is nothing to hit I suppose. Like most major Freeways here. They do need guard rails to stop cars from going into oncoming traffic though.
Old 08-07-2001, 15:02   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'm heading off to the UK in 2 weeks and plan to drive a Focus and the new Mondeo while I'm over there. Should have a good few days with each car in Scotland and Ireland. Might even do a video review of 'em for a laugh on the Ford week.. :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 15:30   #5 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Hehehe...love that pics. That speed on those roads...especially in San Remo...I'd have trouble controlling myself. But indeed, the Focus is very well built and, in my opinion, looks better than most of the current vehicle line-up offered by Ford Australia. However, it's good to see that the company is re-evaluating the standpoint it took on the Focus and I have a feeling that it'll come out here....eventually. On top of that, if they give it Tickford, I'm going to drool all over it (not to mention that Tickford and Prodrive have combined efforts....BRING IT ON!!!!) :D
Old 08-07-2001, 23:36   #6 (permalink)

The car ran real well. It averaged about 10 litres per hundred, including cruising at an average of 160 or so.
It had 4000ks on it when we got it and had about 10500 when we gave it back. I was quite hard on it, and it still goes so cant be too bad.
I couldnt help myself on the alpine roads, had to give it a go. The tyres were all kicked up. I also cut a tyre on a gutter so had it removed.

San Remo is real close to Monte Carlo. I saw a Ferrari 550 just near here.
Old 08-07-2001, 23:57   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I drove a 2.0l Zetec Mondeo during a recent UK trip - and i got to drive it fast! :D

Nice cars, but I love my Falcon. Not sure why everyone keeps saying the AV will get interior to match the standards of the Euro Fords, the Mondeo interior wasn't nearly as nice as my XR6 interior.
Old 08-08-2001, 14:02   #8 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom S
I drove a 2.0l Zetec Mondeo during a recent UK trip - and i got to drive it fast! :D

Nice cars, but I love my Falcon. Not sure why everyone keeps saying the AV will get interior to match the standards of the Euro Fords, the Mondeo interior wasn't nearly as nice as my XR6 interior.
Was it the new or previous generation Mondeo????
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 17:25   #9 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by J-type
Was it the new or previous generation Mondeo????
Was a 2000 model, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-08-2001, 21:50   #10 (permalink)
V8 Ford Guy

when my parents were in europe, they drove a focus. best car, they stated. said theyll get it if it is imported
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum