ford focus pros and cons? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 16:18   #1 (permalink)
k13

ford focus pros and cons?

hi, i want to get a car and im interested in the new ford focus cars. im interested in the zetec 1.4 (2003+ plate) focus. can you give me any pros and cons about them?
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 08:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: ford focus pros and cons?

Well I bought mine in 2003 and I have just over 59,miles on it.
I really enjoyed driving it. It used to be fun and great on fuel. I had trans mission issues with last year. They rebuilt my 5 speed and I had them put in a new Center force Clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. Ever since than attimes it is very hard to go into gear and shift while driving. The service department told me it is the redesinged synchros that they put init. I think they do not know how to adust the clutch.
I am now in the process of selling it. I have taken very good care of it. I am 40 years old and have always driven a 5 speed.
I will not buy another Focus again!
fred fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 14:14   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: ford focus pros and cons?

Clutches on today's cars are hydraulic and are not adjustable, but they do need to be bled. To the OP, the focus is ok in general but not the best of Fords.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:58   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: ford focus pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred fred View Post
Well I bought mine in 2003 and I have just over 59,miles on it.
I really enjoyed driving it. It used to be fun and great on fuel. I had trans mission issues with last year. They rebuilt my 5 speed and I had them put in a new Center force Clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. Ever since than attimes it is very hard to go into gear and shift while driving. The service department told me it is the redesinged synchros that they put init. I think they do not know how to adust the clutch.
I am now in the process of selling it. I have taken very good care of it. I am 40 years old and have always driven a 5 speed.
I will not buy another Focus again!
Update!!!

Well I have had bad alot of problems with the car going into gear attimes. It has left me atleast 30 times. You could not get it to go into any gear no matter what you did or tried.
Finally had a good friend of mine that is a retired Ford Master Tech. Looked at it over the weekend. Found the problem and fixed it.
The Shift linkage was not adjusted correctly.
Good thing though while he was there he noticed the trans mount was very weak.
He replaced that also.
Total cost for car fixed right. $325.00
Part cost $35.00
Steak dinner $100.00
Drinks while working on car $ 75.00
Paid two days of Hotel bill $115.00
I am very happy!!! Well worth it to have my car running good again!
Now I am selling the Focus.
fred fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum