Ford Forums banner

Ford Focus for World Touring Car Championship in 2005

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Timmeh 
#1 ·
The Hotfiel Sport team, based in Kirchlengern near Herford, Germany, will campaign two new Ford Focus Touring Cars in the inaugural 2005 FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

The new Focus has been developed as a touring car kit by Ford TeamRS for customer teams to race under the new Super 2000 Touring Car regulations. It will allow Ford's existing and potential customer teams to compete in that category at the highest level, with an affordable budget and a competitive car. Hotfiel is the first team to announce its plans.

Hotfiel has confirmed that it intends to compete with the new Focus in all 10 of the 2005 WTCC events starting on 10 April in Monza, Italy. The other races will be staged in Oschersleben, Istanbul, Spa, Magny Cours, Brünn, Silverstone or Donington, Mexico City and Valencia before the final race in Macau.

The racing version of the Ford Focus 150hp Duratec alloy engine has been combined with a mechanical sequential six-speed gearbox and boosted to around 270hp in accordance with the new regulations.

"We're delighted that Hotfiel has taken the initiative to enter the new Ford Focus in 2005, and we will be watching their progress with great interest," said Ford TeamRS Director, Jost Capito.

"We hope this will inspire other teams to develop their own programmes using the new Ford Focus.

"Ford of Europe's priority remains the FIA World Rally Championship with the Focus RS WRC, but we will continue to encourage privateers who realise the strength and competitiveness of our cars across a wide range of motor sports."

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting that they use the 5 door body, must have something to do with homologation rules.

Will definitely have to find somewhere that follows this championship for photos and news on how the team goes! The concepts shown have the same paint job styles as the WRC concepts, and once again, I like it.

Thanks for the post JR!

Tim

#3 ·
:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:
I saw this WRC 2006 live among the other Ford focus Model year 2005 presented at Bologna Motorshow in Italy.

#5 ·
I want one too!!!! I like the fact that the 150hp Duratec is "boosted" to 270hp lol... more than a little boosted I'd say!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.