Ford Forums banner

Fuel Consumption

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  whippet_zetec 
#1 ·
Ey guys in the last few weeks i've noticed that my zetecs been drinking alot more petrol than usual. I used to get up to 120 clicks before i hit the Full line but now i'm only getting about 80 clicks? Thats a good 40kms i'm missing out on there. Just wondering if you guys are gettin better fuel consumption with yours or is there a problem with mine?

Cheers,
James

#27 ·
Diesel is the future,not only in economy but also for its performances .

Look at that ...
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=1803
The avarage of using fuel is 16,5 km/l

Bmw is doing the same thing with a 3000 cc with 280 cv , and the way is just open . :hehe2: :hehe2: :hehe2:

Safely it will be quite difficult to see a Ferrari with a diesel but....who does it know :angel: :angel:

#29 ·
Here you are the result of a test on an original fofo tddi :

City :18,9km/l
90 km/h continuos: 27,9 km/l
120 km/h continuos :20 km/l
130 km/h (highways limit) 17.5 km/l
At top speed :10,2 km/l

These are interesting results ,specially here where a litre of gasoline is over an US dollar while diesel is a little bit cheeper !!!

#33 ·
You'll only see good fuel consumption when sitting on or below the 110km/h mark usually, most efficient below 100km/h. 120-135km/h definitely won't see you returning strong economy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.