Instrument cluster flashing indicators - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17   #1 (permalink)

confused Instrument cluster flashing indicators

Hi to all the experienced users in this forum. I have ford focus II 2005, 1.6 TDI and last week I experienced very strange behavior during driving. In the low speed - all the indicators on instrument clusters are flashing forever (motor is loosing all the power, but not stopping (running fine)). I had about 5x stop in the traffic rush hour - very pleasant drive :) until I managed to come to authorized service. They did not find any problem - diagnostics showed nothing and of course everything was fine during repair man's test drive. Does anyone of you guys experienced something like this? Any clue what could I do?

Please see my youtube video I recorded today to see what I am talking about:

Ford Focus Instrument cluster problem - YouTube
(in the 8th second i turn off everything and start again - you can see - indicators are always shining)

Thanks!
stf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 11:31   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Instrument cluster flashing indicators

They can suffer from instrument cluster faults , could try cleaning .

Ford Focus instrument cluster Speedo (Mk2).

Common faults
Warning LEDs flicker on/off.
IGN start error codes.
Immobiliser intermittent.
Complete cluster shuts down occasionally.
Complete power failure.

Published on 2 Sep 2012

I have had several error messages on the Instrument Cluster screen and sometimes my car doesn't start. I didn't want to pay the hughly inflated fees to have a replacement fitted. This video demonstrates how I removed the Instrument cluster from my Ford Focus Zetec 56 plate. I cleaned the panel with a soft toothbrush and then sprayed it with WD40 and then brushed it again to make sure everything was covered. Remember not to drown it. I left it to dry for about 1/2 hour (you might need longer) and then reassembled the panel. The engine started and no faults - so far! You must disconnect the battery so that no further damage can be caused. It worked for me and I hope it solves the problem for you. Good Luck!

Update - 01.10.12 - I have had NO faults since I followed the above procedure and I am very happy. Hope this is the case for you !!!
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum