The Italian Job - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 21:07   #1 (permalink)

cool The Italian Job

Hi guys,

I was absolutely stoked today, coming back from the city to my place after purchasing my new K&N panel filter, there are plenty of round abouts. Funnily enough a hoon in a brand new Mini Cooper S flew by me n naturally i was hot in pursuit I could not believe it that even with my fat little brother in the front seat, and my pretty much bald tires on the front, my stock zetec was easily keeping up with him thru about 4 round abouts. All i could do was laugh as all this guy could see was me in his rearview mirror. It suprized me as to how much of a great nimble car us guys have, and how proud i am to be the owner of one :s4. Soon as i got home in went the K&N, and my gosh for $65 does it make a hell of a difference. Its been talked about in here before, but i really think its a must do mod even if your not really a performance junkey. Lets the Zetec breathe now how its should right thru the rev range. Oh well that was my fun for the day!

Cheers Adam
smokyadamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 22:51   #2 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Re: The Italian Job

$65? DAMN

In my day they cost a full week's pay... well maybe not but $99 sucks. Price you pay for being a trendsetter *cough*

But the K & N doesn't make that much of a difference in all honesty. Barely noticeable. Better induction at high rpm and better highway/top end... guess you can't complain, it's not until you liberate the muffler that she really lights up the tyres and subsequently costs you $900 in replacements every 45,000k!!!!! e he he he

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:44   #3 (permalink)

Yea i guess your right Zetec, i been driving it for a day now and it feels like normal. Any small difference that it does make is for the better, thing is now that it pulls up to 6000rpm im gonna be at the petrol station a tad more often

Just a quick question, how much did your exhaust set you back? Is it a cat-back or full exhaust? And does is drone at cruising speed?

Oh yea and that $65 price tag was courtesy of boxing day sales
smokyadamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 15:37   #4 (permalink)

can you guys give me the part number for the filter i have been to three different suppliers and they say that they dont make them i stand there and argue with them every time thanks guys

also the handling of the focus is amazing it sticks to the road no worries
fordarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 19:38   #5 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Will let you know on Monday unless someone beats me to it... which I'm sure Tim will...

Old 01-14-2005, 10:32   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyadamt
Yea i guess your right Zetec, i been driving it for a day now and it feels like normal. Any small difference that it does make is for the better, thing is now that it pulls up to 6000rpm im gonna be at the petrol station a tad more often

Just a quick question, how much did your exhaust set you back? Is it a cat-back or full exhaust? And does is drone at cruising speed?

Oh yea and that $65 price tag was courtesy of boxing day sales
They were banned in Sydney this year for the first time ever! The Boxing Day sales, not K&Ns, LOL
Old 01-14-2005, 22:00   #7 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

HAHA if they ban K&N then they've gone too far... first speed kills, then K&N... what next, guns?????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum