LPG conversion good idea or not - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51   #1 (permalink)

LPG conversion good idea or not

Hello,
I’m considering converting my car to LPG. I own a 2009 Ford Focus style 1.6 4 cylinder.
I have spoken to a few installers and read a forum blogs with differing opinions with regards to Valve Seat Recession.
One installer advised that Flashlube system would only delay the Valve seat recession whereas others advised the JML Flashlube system would prevent any Valve seat recession. The same can be said about blogs on forums.
As far as I know my 2009 zetec engine has soft valve seats and the therefore are more likely to suffer VSR.
Is there anybody out there or knows somebody who has experience of having a MK11 Ford Focus zetec engine converted to use LPG with a Flashlube system. Therefore would recommend conversion or not.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
seagull45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 18:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: LPG conversion good idea or not

i have never seen a focus on gas. but as for flash lube it will stop vrs to a huge extent. it may still happen but you may get 300 to 400 thousand k's out of them. here in australia we had to use it on toyotas and jap cars. while aussie biult cars didnt need it.

Ian
goldie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum