my focus experience. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 16:37   #1 (permalink)
the fOCUS Family

frown my focus experience.

my problem started the day i got the car from the dealer, on the way back the driver side power mirror won't go up and down, only left and right. since it was a friday i couldn't take it back til monday. had them checked out and it was a faulty mirror, they replaced it. fair enough.

few weeks later i started to notice that there is no air coming in to the car at all, even at highway speed. back to the dealer again, had them checked and found that the cable or whatever that carries the air to the airvent was not in position. had them fixed it on the day. few days later problem is back. took it back and fixed again, going good until now.

few months later there was this heavy rain in sydney one day, noticed water on passenger floor, and actually can see the water drops into the car while parked. took it back and had it looked and they said its been fixed. the other day it was rainning again and noticed the leaking again, took back once more and they had it for two days, the day i got it back they promised that it is now as good as a submarine. since it doesn't rain that often i can't find out if the problem is still there until its rainning again...

those are the 3 major problems i've had, not to mention rattles in the door, loose door handle on the driver side, steering wheel unstable while doing above 100km/h, any slight movement of the steering wheel at that speed it feels like the car is going to fall apart. and not to mention the lack of power even though the computer has been reflased, so that i was told. anyways, its soon going to have its 15k service. will let them have a look at the rattle and wheel balance or alignment.

i brought this car to get away from my old problematic carmary, but it actually given me more problmes then the old one. back to the dealer for 6 tims in 6 months, and this is a brand new car. i wonder what more problems i'll be facing later.

i really love this car, the way it drives is superb, apart from doing 100km above. had a aftermarket bodykit fitted, looks so good that i rather sit and look it than to drive it... this is my first time buying a new car, what an experience.
uhzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2004, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Re: my focus experience.

That isnt a good experience at all, sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having

I cant comment as much as some as i have only had my car for about 2 1/2 days now but in the driving i have done, there is a nice 100kph stretch of road on the way to work, its great beautifully stable, better then my old EL, no rattles or clunks or anything .. nothing but a great car, maybe you just got a pretty poor build quiality :(
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:18   #3 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Re: my focus experience.

hmm I've had some minor issues but nothing I'm willing to fix myself or give my dealer a go with. Of late the Zetec has been playing up electronically... but it isn't all the time and I'll just get it fixed thru Ford. Once it starts getting taken off the road for days on end that's when I'll worry :) But sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, definitely sounds a lot worse than what I'm used to. I sell them and I've never heard anything like tha in Oz before. Persever, she's worth it, as long as it doesn't give you too much grief. Even BMW's have lemons.. Mercs especially too!!! Considering the beating it gets every time I drive it... well at least it's run hard a lot but not dangerously so the engine will blow...

Cheers,
Matt

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum