Need help with basic focus engine knowledge. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 13:29   #1 (permalink)

Need help with basic focus engine knowledge.

I recently acquired an '01 focus zx3. There appears to be a disconnected sensor, which I believe to be the coolant temperature sensor. It is located right where the radiator hose meets the block, directly to the right of the oil fill cap (I tried to post a picture but it wasn't working for some reason). I am told that in stop-and-go traffic the car will heat up near the red line before the fan turns on to cool it off.

My question is: what does this sensor hook to? I cannot find any stray wires anywhere that look like they should clip on to this sensor.

Oh, and as an unrelated (I think) question. I need to install a new DPFE sensor. I have the non-firewall mounted model currently and am having trouble finding the part to replace it with. Can I switch over to the firewall-mounted version or is that more trouble than it is worth (i.e. is it the same size hose fittings and electrical connectors)?

Thanks so much for your time.

Joe
plsirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 02:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need help with basic focus engine knowledge.

I'd doubt if it's there for no reason, so the wiring for it must be somewhere, maybe wrapped around or taped back to the loom further away.
Can't help on the DPFE I'm afraid, UK models are vastly different from this one.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:12   #3 (permalink)

Just took 03 Focus to dealer for engine light, got back error codes P0732, P0734 and P0761. All codes have to do with transmission. The transmission guy was not in over the weekend. How serious is that P0761?
raaaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 14:40   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaac View Post
How serious is that P0761?
Electrical Malfunction

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum