Need help to stop a knocking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2004, 18:55   #1 (permalink)

Need help to stop a knocking

Hello y'all,

So I went on a trip from Wisconsin to Mississippi and then from Mississippi to Florida. Two days and a lot of driving 27 hours overall, about. So when we get near Louisiana the engine light comes on, I am pretty sure that was the same problem I had before which was a small emissions system leak, p0442, I scanned it previously so there was no concern on my part. Then when trying to park in the French Quarter the car was put in reverse and then what happened was the dreaded knocking of the engine. Here is the deal it knocks when first starting in reverse and then when starting up, but the problem is the knock is seemingly random at times and also short. When going 75 on the Interstate there is no knocking at all.
I took it to a dealer here in Florida and they charged me quite a lofty penny to replace the O ring in the Fuel tank, which I am guessing solves the P0442 emission leak, but when I went in reverse I still heard a slight knock from seemingly the engine.
So I have to leave for Wisconsin Saturday and I think my car is sick, but I don't know what the virus is. I am due for an oil change that will happen tomorrow morning and I was not more than 20-50 miles over 3,000 for the current oil.
I need help, suggestions and prayers. What do you guys think?
Respond ASAP to the thread or even to my email at wedgezj@uwec.edu

peace in God's love
zacharywedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 20:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need help to stop a knocking

Also we just went out to check it out and it seems that it could be some sort of transmission thing. When shifting into reverse (I have an automatic) and releasing the brake entirely there is some sort of knock/tink of sorts. Just extra information.

peace in God's love
zacharywedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
ST170ish

Re: Need help to stop a knocking

Take it back to the dealer asap!
It may be your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
ST170ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum