Nelson Hoyos Focus isn't a import legal race car, it's a LIE!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2001, 23:40   #1 (permalink)
RX7 Member

Nelson Hoyos Focus isn't a import legal race car, it's a LIE!!!!!!

That Hoyos Focus is NOT LEGAL IN ANY IMPORT SANCTIONING organization! I saw that car this weekend at Maple Grove Raceway and it is NOT a SHO motor(as they claim it is), as a matter of fact it's a (get this) PUSHROD DOMESTIC V6 motor, how do I know this do you ask? Well first of all, it has no belt or chain drive for camshafts, which in turn make it a PUSHROD motor, NOT a overhead cam motor(which BTW, in any import drag racing body PUSHROD MOTORS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!!!!). This PISSES me off because that is NOT a import legal car, and shouldn't by any means be allowed to compete, nevermind own the title to "the worlds quickest import car(which coincidentally really belongs to Siguel Racing from PR). How does this go on do you ask, well it's called $$$$$$$$$$. Since most of these import events are sponsored by FORD, FORD gets to break all the rules that they want to because they wanna look good, and THEY CAN'T WIN AN IMPORT EVENT WITHOUT CHEATING!!!!! The guys with the cars from PR that attended the event know all this and their answer to this discussion was "what are we gonna do, they make the rules and change them to their favor" well what do I think they should do is somehow publicly let EVERYONE know what FORD and IDRC(and whoever else does this) are doing, this is NOT FAIR, the specific reason for rules is to keep everyone competitive, NOT give ANYONE, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE, an edge on everyone else. All these import racing sanctioning bodies better wake up, WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH! BTW Nibo Racing from PR won the event anyway despite all the BS due to the FORD not being able to finish the event with it's motor intact(EVEN WHEN CHEATING FORD LOSES, at least this time) People if you see that FOCUS at a import event LET EVERYONE AROUND YOU KNOW WHO'S LOOKING AT THE CAR KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!!, maybe it will change the way things are done. Thanks.
rx794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2001, 12:30   #2 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Um.....you're welcome :thumbup:

Do you have any pics to verify? Do you know what mtor they were using?
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
RX7 Member

Some of the PR guys told me it was a 4.6liter, which one I don't know, but if you wanna see it, just go look at the car one day at a track.
Old 10-23-2001, 21:36   #4 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

4.6 isn't a V6 man.....(shrug)
Old 10-24-2001, 13:32   #5 (permalink)
RX7 Member

What do you mean it's not a V6, I know how to count cylinder banks, trust me, it's a V6. Like I said take a look at the car you'll see. BTW they had to make it a V6 cause a V8 would've been way too obvious, it's alot easier to pass the 6 by the rules than a 8, cause you know Ford gotta cheat somehow to win.
Old 10-24-2001, 13:54   #6 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

ok.....

THE 4.6 LITER MOTOR IS NOT A V6. FORD HAS NEVER MADE A V6 MOTOR WITH A DISPLACEMENT OF 4.6 LITERS.

I just wanted to know what size motor was in there. I was not questioning you on weather it was a V6 or not. If you say it was a V6, that's cool. I 'm sure it was then. Just curious to know which one....
Old 10-25-2001, 17:32   #7 (permalink)
RX7 Member

Read the December 2001 Issue of Turbo Magazine, it has an article about the Focus stating it has a 4.6liter.
Old 10-25-2001, 23:00   #8 (permalink)
SPEED_NYC

Yo J, why does this guy not think it is possible to bore and stroke a V6 to 4.6 liters?? just because ford dosent produce a 4.6 liter V6 dosent mean that a machine shop can't. It's the same thinking behind the fact that even though Hoyos racing DID NOT produce an import car NOR did they power it with an import motor, the IDRC can snap thier fingers and make it so.
Just think of the IDRC as a machine shop, you pay the machine shop, they build you whatever displacement V6 you want; You pay the IDRC, and they sell you whatever world record you want
Old 10-27-2001, 07:21   #9 (permalink)
RX7 Member

Guys you gotta read this! This is the response someone got from the IDRC that is in the supraforums:
Subj: Fw: Hoyos Ford Focus
Date: 10/27/01 3:30:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: rx794@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hey man..This is Ken(KJSUPRA) from the supraforums. This is the response I got back from the IDRC when I emailed them my letter. Take care....Ken
----- Original Message -----
To: kwgsr
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: RE: Hoyos Ford Focus

Ken,

Please allow me to address your concerns personally. First, the Hemi Supra wouldn't be allowed to compete in 2001 according to the current IDRC rules. According to our 2001 rulebook, the Hoyos Racing Focus is legal to compete. In order to open up a class that was too small up to more vehicles, we allowed both import V8s and domestics V6s for the 2001 season. Although our 2002 rulebook is at the printer right now, there are a number of 2001 rulebooks available here and I would be happy to send some for free to any members of the rx7club.com. Just send us a SASE with correct postage and we'll send it right out to you at no charge while supplies last. We respect the opinion of every racer.

We appreciate the perception that we are big enough to be "paid off." Every single IDRC partner could be making more money working somewhere else. Over half of our event staffs are volunteers. What keeps us here is our love of the sport, fans, racers, sponsors and track families. We haven't made it to the top by having the biggest bankroll, we just worked our asses off and never did anyone wrong along the way. We've also kept open ears and always look to improve the series.

One thing that we found out along the way is that fans go to see their favorite vehicles. If events only featured Toyotas, you would only bring in Toyota fans. Our goal is to be inclusive rather than exclusive. This brings in the widest variety of cars and the largest amount of spectators.

Our mission with our rulebook is to make a level playing ground. For 2001, we explained to the racers that this was our fact gathering year for the Pro class. Essentially, the rules in the class were VERY loose for 2001. We have taken all of the information from the scales and the performance logs to establish weight breaks for the different configurations (4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl, # of power adders). We are confident that we will be able to have a level playing field for all involved. In our Quick Class, we have had a variety of platforms within a tenth-of-a-second of each other. Currently, four different manufacturers are in position to win this class championship. In 2002, all V8 engines will be restricted to no more than 4.7-liters in displacement. This number was arrived at to allow servicing and overboring of the 4.5-liter import V8 engines.

I believe the action that you are refering to has already happened.

We welcome your support,

Michael Ferrara
National Director

IDRC, Inc.
21405 Brookhurst Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 593-0280
www.importdrag.com

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 2:54 PM
To: info@importdrag.com
Subject: Hoyos Ford Focus

I am writing this letter as a fellow import racer and huge fan of racing in general. I am very disturbed about what I am hearing about the Hoyos Ford Focus. From what I have read and seen first hand that Focus should not be able to compete in any import event because it is not an import. That car is running a domestic pushrod V6 motor making it illegal to compete in any import santioned event. It does not have an SHO motor like they claim in it. It is a real shame to see that money dictates who can run at these events. I know that Ford sponsors a lot of these events and pays big money but that shouldnt have any effect on who is allowed to run at these events. It would be an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to the import racing community if that Focus is allowed to run in our events and be able to hold any records. Would I be allowed to run a Chysler Hemi in my 94 Supra and still be classified as an import?? I think not and neither should this Focus. I apologize for sounding nasty in this letter but it really bothers me that this is allowed to go on and that the import divisions like IDRC and others can be payed off to allow someone to break rules. Thanks for taking the time to read my letter and I hope some sort of action is taken. If not I will never attend anymore import sanctioned events and will make sure I let everyone I know possible what is going on. Thanks again.....Ken W
Old 10-28-2001, 09:46   #10 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

ok...one more time.

FORD HAS NEVER, EVER, EVER MADE A 4.6L V6 !!!!!!!!!!

Nobody has ever said anything about boring it out. I don't care what they did to it after they got the motor. IT DIDN'T COME FROM THE FACTORY AS A 4.6L V6!!!!! Boring out a 4.0 V6 ( the largest Ford has in it's lineup) to 4.6 liters would be quite an undertaking in itself. You'd run into all sorts of problems with the thickness of the cylinder walls(or lack thereof).

Now again...I REALLY DO NOT CARE AS TO WHAT SIZE MOTOR IS IN THERE. I AM SURE HE HAD A V6 IF YOU SAID SO! That is not in question. IF YOU SAID IT HAS A V6, THEN IT HAS A V6.

Quote:
Read the December 2001 Issue of Turbo Magazine, it has an article about the Focus stating it has a 4.6liter.
If you can shoehorn a 351 Windsor motor into a Focus, I'm sure you can make a 4.6L V8 in there as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum