New Focus Area - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2001, 07:20   #1 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

Thumbs up

OK, I have set up a Focus area for you focus folks. If you think I can add more area's to this let me know!
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2001, 12:15   #2 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Has anyone invited any Focus people over? I don't think they even know about this place, there are no posts!

I wonder when this place will get rolling, I guess it just takes some time, even the Probe sections are slow right now..

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 17:04   #3 (permalink)
Dogman

Just Got 2001 Focus

Just purchased a 2001 Focus sedan Wed. it is red auto with air, spoiler, and cd thats about all the options. I got it as a work car due to it's mileage projections. My first tank I went 225 miles and my mileage was 26mpg. I hope it gets much better , probably have to wait untill it has around 3 or 4 thousand to start getting good mileage. I hope I made the right decission all of the posts at Edmunds and places say the 2000 focus was terrible is the same true for the 2001s . Mine was made in Feb of this year. I also liked the head room for a little car , I am 6'6" 300lbs and it is large enough. it had the most room of any small car I tryed
Old 03-17-2001, 23:49   #4 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Usually the first year production of a vehicles has it's kinks. Hopefully this year they fixed a few but there still may be a few unknowns in the future yet to come. I really admire that it was designed with Euro styling, and handling in mind. It makes it a nice little four door. Did you get the SPI, or the Zetec engine? I'm sure she'll run a long time for you if you take care of her!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 03-18-2001, 12:12   #5 (permalink)
Samantha

What do you people think about the zx3, good car? bad?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:29   #6 (permalink)
Dogman

2001 is still running

Vulcan mine has the regular 2.0 engine I think. It is not the one in the zx's. But it runs like hell, it really scoots. My other vehicle is a 2000 Suburban 4x4 and this little think is quicker than the Suburban but the suburban is a tank but a great faimly truckster. I really think you can get a good and bad car in any brand. Its is just the quality and workman ship in Toyotas and the Subaru Outbacks is superb. But the Focus sold me on the mileage ( if it does what is advertised) and the cost. What is really hurting Ford is their attitude to customer complaints and the fact they seem to care less once you buy it it's yours. I hope the Focus turns out to be a positive experience so far I must say I really like it. Just with the head rest did not stick forward they need to be able to tilt back when needed.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:10   #7 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Yeah when I took that one for a test drive the salesman said that he had previously sold one to a fella that was 6 ft. 7 and he said that he fit comfortable. That's pretty amazing in these little cars. In my Probe the top of my hat hits the roof quite often. Sometimes I have to put the sunroof up to get a little more headroom, and I'm only about 6 ft!

Good luck on the Focus, once it get's broken in I'm sure that it will run even better.

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 03-28-2001, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
myFordFocus

ZX3 Good....

Quote:
Originally posted by Samantha
What do you people think about the zx3, good car? bad?
I like it! So did Car and Driver, in the Top 10 for the 2nd year.

Bought mine in Dec. Gas mileage could be better for a 4 cylinder, but mines an automatic and I run it pretty hard. I'm sure the ratings are based on the 55mph testing :)
Old 04-07-2001, 14:12   #9 (permalink)
zetecinside

I love my 00 Autumn Orange ZX3. I get great gas mileage out of mine. The highest to date so far is:
345miles on a full tank of gas, highway mileage. Around town that is a different story. I usually get around 200 miles on a tank of gas. Here is a pic of my baby.

Old 04-07-2001, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Very nice, whatcha done to it so far?

I guess Gude performance has a head package with a cam and throttle body that's supposed to add like 58 horsepower to an otherwise stock engine! That would make the Zetec engine go from 135 to 193 hp at the fly! That's not bad at all! I'm sure that the head/cam/throttle body package probably cost some serious dough though. But think about the possibilities. You could do that package, and still add an intake, exhaust, chip, headers, etc. The Zetec can be a real screamer. I hear that they don't turbo well though, is that true?

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum