New Focus R web page on ford.com.au - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 23:18   #1 (permalink)

New Focus R web page on ford.com.au

here is the link to the Zetec R package Ford are now selling as the Zetec. Havent researched in great detail but it looks like it is only on offer for the 5 Door? Maybe someone can assist here and clarify?

From site:
The new limited edition Focus Zetec R is a winner in the looks department. It's got the rally bred performance and razor sharp handling of a Focus Zetec, plus over $4,200* worth of extra looks. At just $28,560^, not only do you benefit from standard features like a 2.0 litre engine, front power windows and mirrors, dual airbags, ABS and Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension, you also get the following extras:-

* Based on Recommended Retail Price of Focus Zetec 5-door hatch with same options fitted.
^ Recommended Offer Price of Focus Zetec R 5-door manual hatch. Price excludes Dealer delivery and statutory charges.
Excludes Government, Rental and Taxi purchasers. Limited offer at participating Dealers.

http://www.fordfocus.com.au/zetec_r/

www.eurofordclub.com
www.wrc.com
www.greatsouthernsuper.com.au
whippet_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2004, 00:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: New Focus R web page on ford.com.au

Whippet. The word I've heard is 5 door only. Don't know why, but that's all there is.
Manual 2003 Machine Silver 5 Door Zetec. 17" factory alloys. Factory Body Kit. BMC Air Filter. Magnecor wires. Herrod stainless steel cat-back. ST170 Lower Grille. ST170 Fog Lights.ST170 side indicators. ST170 pedals. Darkest tint. Mobil synthetics throughout. Auto Art "Black Magic" taillights. Euro rear wiper. Gas bonnet struts.
melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 00:56   #3 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

5 door only. Probably to clear a surplus of 5 door bodykits (sideskirts are a different size) I'd imagine but I have no idea. EXTREMELY good value in my opinion, kinda wish I'd waited... but if life was a waiting game I'd never buy anything!!! Besides, the main thing is I'm happy...for now.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:06   #4 (permalink)

5 door only, limited run of 400, not sure of the breakdown between auto and manual, available from September 15th (well August 31st if you happen to know the right people ).

We bought the car for my wife...not sure how much she will get to drive it though!!

Focus Zetec R - Great Value, Great Looker and a Great Drive..

Graham
Old 09-16-2004, 05:26   #5 (permalink)

I'm not worried about getting one, already have what I want. Was jsut noting that the advertising seemed to suggest that it was only 5D available as the Zetec R

www.eurofordclub.com
www.wrc.com
www.greatsouthernsuper.com.au
whippet_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

hmmm 5D... i miss my extra 2 doors
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:08   #7 (permalink)

Hi all, I've just been reading up about the R & it looks a winner.

FocuszetecR I was hoping you could give me some advice, since you seem to have some contacts. I'm looking at getting one of the mk1's while there on run out. What price would you consider is a 'steal' for one of these babies?
Bob Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 17:09   #8 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Considering it has like $5k worth free, it's already a bit of a steal!! But see what you feel comfortable with. It's all about the negotiation, what's fair for you and what's fair for the Dealer.

Old 10-28-2004, 20:18   #9 (permalink)

Yeah no arguments here, it's great value.

The thing with negotiation is you need information, you can't work out what’s fair if you don't know what the other party has all the cards. They know what it costs, they know what they're charging you. So unless you have a ball park to hit in your not really in the game.

So does the cost price change from dealer to dealer?
Bob Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 22:29   #10 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Can you imagine how much the Dealers would bitch at each other if it did? No it doesn't I don't I don't believe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum