Ford Forums banner

Noise coming from Front Wheel

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
Hello,

Did the front brakes, brand new ceramic pads and new rotors about a week ago, on my Ford Focus SES 2005.

Now, I did not lube the driver side caliper pins/screws nor the other bolts because I did not have any brake lube that day. The next day I went and bought and changed brakes and lubed on the passenger side.

Anyways, about 3 days ago, the driver side brakes got noisier, I did not pay much attention because I thought it's ceramic pads and they are a bit noisier.

Symptoms
Since 2 days ago, there is a high pitch noise, and it's not like constant but rather every time the wheel hits say that particular friction point, so if I drive faster it feels constant, but if I slow down it's obviously not a constant noise.

The wheel seems to shake a tiny bit at times when braking, but not always, just once in a while. I hear the driver side wheel noise when driving like above 20-30kmh. Noise stops when braking. Braking harder from high speed say 100 kmh, the driver wheel feels like going over quite a few of bumps for a second or two.
---

I don't believe it's the wheel bearing because of the high pitch noise, please let me know if I am wrong.

I'll jack up the car over the next weekend again, please let me know what should I look for and any ideas what to do. Thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.